Easy basic bread recipe
Darling has this habit of forgetting to redeem the points from his credit cards before they expire. He has wasted several thousand points because of this. The other day, I reminded him to redeem something before his points expires again. He said he’ll look into it. What I did not know was he redeemed a breadmaker for me until one fine day a courier guy delivered it to me. I was over the moon when I received it as I’ve always wanted a breadmaker. Well, actually I’ve always wanted an oven but a breadmaker is close enough >_<
It took me a week before I get to try baking my own bread as I did not have yeast at home. Finally I went shopping today and got myself a packet of yeast and organic bread flour. I went home and started baking my bread immediately.
Being my first time making my own bread, I had to try the basic bread. It’s good to try with the basic and see how it goes isn’t it?
These are the ingredients to make a 700g basic white bread.
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
3 cups flour
1 tsp breadmaker yeast
Basic White Bread
The method is super simple. Add the ingredients in their respective sequence ie start with water then oil, salt and so forth.
So I started with water. I added 270ml water into the breadmaker pan.
Followed by 2 tbsp oil.
I added 1 tsp salt. My breadmaker comes with this measuring spoon and cup.
Next, add 1 1/2 tbsp sugar.
Add 3 cups bread flour.
The flour will cover the wet ingredients.
Add breadmaker yeast last. Close the breadmaker and simply press START.
My breadmaker started kneading immediately at the touch of the START button.
2 hours later it has risen so nicely ready to bake.
An hour later, the entire house is filled with the aroma of freshly baked bread. It’s like stepping into a bakery. What a wonderful feeling it was. I can’t wait to check out my freshly baked bread.
To my delight, I see a PERFECT bread in front of me. It is so perfect I want to bring it to bed to sleep with me (it was already midnight by the time the bread was done).
I cut the loaf to see an even more beautiful piece of work. My basic bread from my breadmaker is PERFECT! What’s not so perfect is my knife. I need to get a better knife to slice my bread.
I took a bite of my freshly baked bread and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah… it was heaven sent! I will never buy bread again as long as my breadmaker is alive. It is too easy, just dump all the ingredients in and leave it to work on its own. 3 hours later I get freshly baked bread for consumption. I can even time it so that it bakes early in the morning, just perfect for our breakfast.
Thank you Darling for this perfect gift. Gone are the days we eat breads loaded with preservative. We’ll be eating freshly baked homemade organic breads from now on :D
14 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 130,961 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,746 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,515 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 85,272 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 80,362 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 68,955 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 68,470 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,262 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,288 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 54,805 views
- DKING CNY Durian Goodies Hamper
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp
- Dynasty Restaurant’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Chinese New Year Decoration: Sunway Pyramid
- Ee Chinese Cuisine’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu