Breadmaker Raisin Loaf Recipe
After the successful maiden attempt at making our own bread using my new breadmaker, I baked another loaf of basic bread and am happy that it turned out very well too. Last night, I tried baking raisin loaf using sweet bread recipe.
Ingredients for 700g of Sweet Bread:
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tbsp milk powder
3 cups flour
1 tsp breadmaker yeast
Refer to the above picture for the setting of my breadmaker in case you need to know.
Breadmaker Raisin Loaf
The method is super simple. Add the ingredients in their respective sequence ie start with water then oil, salt and so forth.
We started with water.
Next is milk powder.
Followed by flour. Since I get enquiries for the flour that I used, I might as well post up the picture here.
I used organic strong white bread flour.
Lastly add breadmaker yeast. I’m also going to show you the yeast I used as many readers asked me what is breadmaker yeast.
This is breadmaker yeast.
Press START and the breadmaker will immediately start kneading. Total time for this sweet bread is 2 hours 55 minutes.
25 minutes after pressing START, the breadmaker will beep during the 2nd knead, signalling me to add in the raisins. I added half a cup of raisins.
When the entire house is filled with the aroma of freshly baked bread, I know my bread is ready. What I like about my breadmaker is it has a clear screen so I can peak into it while it is baking :D
Freshly baked sweet bread cooling on the rack.
Next morning, I sliced my loaf of bread using my new bread knife to see this beautiful raisin loaf. It’s too easy. Just a touch of a button and we get freshly baked raisin loaf. I’m so into bread making mode. The boys will be eating a lot of breads these days. LoL!
I noticed that I’ve not use fresh milk for the breads that I baked. I like using fresh milk when baking rice cooker cakes as it gives more moisture to the cakes. I’m wondering if it will give the same effect to my breads? Hmm… I think I’ll try to add fresh milk into my next bread and see how it turns out. Stay tuned :D
UPDATED on 25/8/2015
I tried adding fresh milk. Using the exact recipe as the above but instead of using 270ml of water, I used only 120ml water + 150ml fresh milk. I also use 2 cups breadflour + 1 cup self-raising flour. The outcome is a more moist and softer bread. I personally like this version better :D
Watch this video of little Ayden baking his very own raisin loaf:
Raisin Milk Loaf
11 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 135,362 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,871 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,637 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 86,987 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 82,258 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 70,443 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 70,000 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,338 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,345 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 56,140 views
- Ayden’s Pikachu is MISSING!
- MILO®UHT® UHT Bento Making Workshop
- canton2go Mini Buffet Delivery
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- DKING CNY Durian Goodies Hamper
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp