It was rather disheartening when we received Ethan’s report card late last year. It was not because of his result but more to his growth chart. His height remained the same throughout the entire year while his weight increased a mere 2kg. I poured out my worries on Facebook and many experienced mothers advised me to give Ethan Horlicks for breakfast as it contains 23 growth nutrients such as calcium for strong bones and protein supporting growth. In addition to this, Horlicks contains 12 vitamins and 8 minerals such as vitamin B3, B6, B9, B12, C, D, A, Iron, Zinc and Potassium.
I don’t see any harm trying so I quickly went to the nearest sundry shop to get a bottle of Horlicks. I bought the original flavour for Ethan to try.
I wasn’t sure if he’ll love the malty flavour as much as I do but after his first sip, he said he actually loves it.
From that day onwards, Ethan has been drinking Horlicks every day before going to school.
Not too long ago, he came home with samples of Horlicks Chocolate. He told us he got it from school. True enough, his teacher later sent us this picture of the kids and their Horlicks Chocolate.
Sorry I have to make blur Ethan’s classmates’ faces to protect their privacy.
Can you spot Ethan?
He grew a liking to this rich chocolaty beverage after sampling it and requested for us to buy this instead of the original flavour on our next purchase. It’s no wonder Horlicks Chocolate has been named Product of the Year in the Instant Beverages Category in a recent product innovation survey by Nielsen Malaysia amongst 2000 Malaysians.
Today, we baked our most famous rice cooker Moist Chocolate Cake again but this time instead of using cocoa powder, we substitute it with Horlicks Chocolate (because I ran out of cocoa powder at home) and it turned out even more delicious as it has this velvety malty flavour to complement the rich chocolate cake.
Moist and Velvety Horlicks Chocolate Cake
Ethan loves it so much that he had two slices of that cake and his regular cup of Horlicks before going to school.
16 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 130,961 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,746 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,515 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 85,272 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 80,362 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 68,955 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 68,470 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,262 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,288 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 54,805 views
- DKING CNY Durian Goodies Hamper
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp
- Dynasty Restaurant’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Chinese New Year Decoration: Sunway Pyramid
- Ee Chinese Cuisine’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu