What tastes great and is filled with lots of DHA goodness?
As parents, we know about the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids for growing up kids. In particular, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) which is a building block of the brain and eyes, as well as Vitamin D which is essential for healthy growth and development.
The human brain achieves 90% growth by age 6. During this time it is important that children consume adequate amounts of DHA in their diet to support this period of rapid brain and eye growth and development.
DHA is needed for brain development the same way calcium is required for bone growth.
The question is, how do we know if our children are getting enough?
Foods that naturally contain DHA are limited to organ meats and fatty fish, which are not commonly consumed by young children.
Kids need to eat fatty fish or fish oil at least twice a week to meet the recommended amount of DHA.
But we all know not all kids find fatty fish or fish oil appealing. Remember Scott’s® Emulsion Cod Liver Oil? I remember when I was little, I was intrigued by its packaging. I thought it was milk in a classier bottled packaging and pestered my mom to buy it for me which she eventually did. I also remember I was not all too crazy about it after tasting it for the first time.
Scott’s® is aware of the fact that many children don’t find fish oil appealing and has launched the new Scott’s® DHA Gummies to ascertain a mother’s effort in providing a tasty and enjoyable way to help children meet their daily intake of DHA.
We attended the launch of Scott’s® new DHA Gummies at Aquaria KLCC and were given samples of these delicious gummies that is available in orange or strawberry flavours.
These chewy gummies are non-sugar coated with non-sticky texture.
The new Scott’s® DHA Gummies is microencapsulated with a patented technology that locks in the goodness of fish oil in tiny little drops which hides the fishy taste and smell. This is the main element that makes these gummies so enticing to children; helping them take in key nutrients that help support their brain and vision.
Scott’s® DHA Gummies is now available in all leading retail outlets.
These chewy gummies are available in orange and strawberry flavours. They come in shapes of three different sea creature – crab, fish and octopus that is perfect with the recommended 3 gummies intake a day as my boys strive to eat each sea creature over breakfast, lunch and dinner. They eat a fish shaped gummy for breakfast, a crab shaped gummy for lunch and an octopus shaped gummy for dinner
I’ve tried this chewable gummies myself and is happy to know that it isn’t as sweet as other gummies out there as these gummies are non-sugar coated. They are also not sticky hence there is no mess during consumption.
8 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 130,966 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,746 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,515 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 85,277 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 80,362 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 68,956 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 68,471 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,262 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,288 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 54,805 views
- DKING CNY Durian Goodies Hamper
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp
- Dynasty Restaurant’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Chinese New Year Decoration: Sunway Pyramid
- Ee Chinese Cuisine’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu