Quick and Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
It is the third week of school. I still havent been able to establish a routine of waking up early in the morning to prepare food for Ethan. The reason being I usually stay up till 2am for work and if I wake up at 5am, I’ll remain awake the entire day to care for the two boys. On days that I really can’t get my eyes to open, Ethan will purchase food from the canteen but he mentioned that the food portion from canteen is not filling enough so the Daddy will usually give him bread or biscuits to eat together with the food from canteen.
I keep Ethan’s snack box simple. I try not to spend too much time and usually takes around 15 to 20 minutes to prepare his meal.
These are some examples of Ethan’s snack box:
Time : 15 minutes
Chap fan – Steamed rice with stir fried carrot n corn, egg n tomato omelette and fried tumeric fish.
Time : 30 minutes
This was one of the first few meals I prepared for him hence it took a longer time. I don’t spend that much time anymore after this.
Chap fan – Homemade dumplings, scrambled eggs, stir-fried mix veges and fishballs.
Time : 15 minutes
The night before, chop the veges and wrap the wanton. Refrigerate. Cook the rice before I go to bed and keep warm.
Next morning just fry the wanton, boil the fishballs, stir-fry the veges and egg. Done in 15 mins or less.
Chap fan – Sweet sauce chicken, stir-fried okra and fried egg.
Time: 15 minutes
The night before, marinate chicken with dark sauce, honey and pepper. Fry the next morning. Simple and delicious.
Chap fan – Sweet sauce chicken, fried fish fillet, stir fried broccoli with corn and carrot.
Time: 15 minutes
I learned the easier and faster way to cook fish. Instead of taking a whole lot of time frying the entire fish like I did previously, I now slice the fish into fillet and freeze in small portions in containers. The night before I take one container down into the fridge so it can thaw slowly. The next morning I just marinate with oyster sauce and sesame oil and fry. Very fast and Ethan loves it very much. As usual, cut veges into small parts the night before and keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
I sometimes give him a tub of oat crunch to share with his friends as they love sharing food. Fried rice seems to be the most popular item and is prepared most frequently as it is the easiest and also Ethan love to eat fried rice.
So yeah… this is why you sometimes see me blur, blur. Until I am able to plan my time nicely, I’ll be a temporary mummy zombie.
13 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 129,998 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,719 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,495 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 84,923 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 79,971 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 68,758 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 68,112 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,252 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,266 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 54,594 views
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- Chinese New Year Decoration: Sunway Pyramid
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Dynasty Restaurant’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- Ee Chinese Cuisine’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Chinese New Year Pikachu
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp