Quick and Easy Chicken Rice
Ethan has been talking so much about Jurassic World as most of his friends in school have watched it in the cinema. With his exams all done and over with, we decided to bring him for a movie treat last weekend.
My boys and I before the movie start. Am so glad that Ayden sat through the entire movie this time. During our last movie outing, that boy ran out halfway through making me miss out on the ending of the show.
Anyway, we went grocery shopping after the movie and by the time we wanted to have dinner, it was already close to breaking of fast so most if not all of the eateries are packed. I decided to quickly go home and prepare a quick dinner while the kids take their shower.
I brown some crushed garlic and ginger in hot oil and boil them together with the white rice. I added raisins too because the kids love it.
I rubbed salt on the chicken and placed them onto the steaming tray and cook together with the rice.
Half way through I added some corns.
While waiting for the rice and chicken to cook, I fry some french beans. By the time Darling is done bathing the boys, dinner is also ready.
Our quick and healthy dinner. I’m surprised how tasty the chicken and rice are. I guess the chicken retains its flavour while the ‘juice’ that dripped out of the chicken makes the rice tastier being cooked this way. Can lah, next time can cook this way again :D
16 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 135,363 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,871 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,637 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 86,987 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 82,258 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 70,443 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 70,000 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,338 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,345 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 56,141 views
- Ayden’s Pikachu is MISSING!
- MILO®UHT® UHT Bento Making Workshop
- canton2go Mini Buffet Delivery
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- DKING CNY Durian Goodies Hamper
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp