Penang’s Latest Family Attraction: Jurassic Research Center @ The TOP, KOMTAR
Penang has long been enticing visitors with its beautiful coasts and scrumptious cuisines. This beautiful island welcomes modernity yet at the same time preserves its traditions and old world charm.
I remember visiting KOMTAR, the tallest building in Penang when I was little. It has been THAT long ago.
Last weekend I found myself back, this time at The TOP, KOMTAR with the boys to visit Jurassic Research Center, one of the latest attractions here.
The TOP @ KOMTAR is a revitalised urban icon which was conceptualized and brought to life by Only World Group (OWG).
|Standard Rates||MyKad Rates|
|Children & Senior Citizen||RM48||RM38|
* Children below 90cm enters for free
The ticketing counter is located on Level 5, KOMTAR
Opening Hours: 10 am to 10 pm. Daily.
Contact Number: 604- 262 3800
If you have the time, you may consider getting the above Fun Pass package to explore ALL 9 ATTRACTIONS at a much discounted rate.
Entrance to the Jurassic Research Center is located next to Marry Brown at Level 5
Fossil Excavation Site
From fossils to dinosaur hatchling, Jurassic Research Center is home to more than 200 dinosaurs.
The boys witnessing the planet’s prehistoric past in this hands-on interactive activity center.
Watch these mysterious creatures come to life right before your eyes.
When T-rex is around, I better not go near
But since you insist, I’ll get a little closer, just a little to get a better shot. All for the sake of our beloved readers
Thank goodness for the dedicated guides who walked with us to explain and answer the boys’ many questions as I have zero knowledge on dinosaurs.
Urm Ayden, I don’t think we are supposed to touch that. 10,000 volts!
For a place like this, pictures just don’t do justice hence we are happy to share our video to give you a better insight on this amazing land before time that has unearthed in Penang.
Let’s watch this video and take a virtual tour with us:
We had a great time here and proceeded to have an enjoyable time at Dino Gym located after the exit of Jurassic Research Center.
I will share more about it in my next post.
11 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
SUBMERRYN ON MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
Little Chefs’ Recipe
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* Bendi Goreng Bawang Belacan
* Ayam Satay Buah Keras
* Soya Cincau
* Seaweed Popiah Snack
* Chicken Floss Roll
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
Karon, Phuket (Thailand)
Surin, Phuket (Thailand)
Mai Khao, Phuket (Thailand)
Bali with Kids (Indonesia)
Universal Studio Singapore
River Cruise (Singapore)
S.E.A Aquarium (Singapore)
Port Dickson (Malaysia)
Port Dickson (Malaysia)
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 142,821 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 119,038 views
- Water World @ i-City - 116,177 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 107,444 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 90,309 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 85,482 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 73,688 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 72,774 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 59,493 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 58,653 views
- My memories of Nyonya Chang (Nyonya Rice Dumpling)
- Thomas & Friends Journey Beyond Sodor!
- Buka Puasa Buffet 2017: Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
- Cooking with Ayden: Sweet Potato in Gula Melaka dessert
- Quick trip back to Melaka and a BBQ
- To The Dentist We Go Again
- WTF – What Tasty Food @ Bangsar
- Cooking with Ayden: Steamed Chicken with Minced Bean Paste