Concerns before sending Ayden to school
As you know, Ayden is home-schooled just like his elder brother Ethan during his preschool years. However, I intend to send Ayden to school earlier as I believe he may benefit socially in school. By school I meant those enrichment centres that is not classroom type of learning.
We actually planned to send Ayden earlier this year but has been procrastinating as I’ve been busy. We finally made the effort to pay a visit to one of the learning centre nearby my area a couple of weeks ago.
I am very particular if a learning centre is carpeted as little children are very sensitive towards dusts and carpets can cause a whole lot of problem. Boy am I glad that the centre we visited is no longer carpeted. They are using laminated flooring now.
So there I was, sitting comfortably discussing Ayden’s class schedule with the principal while Ayden is in the class with the facilitators and friends. I was so glad that Ayden has no trouble getting into the class. He happily walked inside when one of the teachers asked him if he would like to join them.
I filled up the registration form. Gave them all the necessary details and told them we’ll be sending Ayden come Monday. I did not pay anything yet as I told them I’ll pay when Ayden starts on Monday.
Then it happened. A guy came up to the centre and rang the door bell. The principal asked me who that guy is. I was surprised that she even asked me. She asked the guy and he said he came to pick up one of the students. She called the student out and asked her if she knows this guy to which the student answered YES. The principal then releases the student to him. Just like that! Without calling the parents to double confirm or anything.
My heart dropped into my stomach. Immediately I have a bad feeling of this place. By then the class is over and Ayden happily ran out to me. Ayden was very happy. He loves this place and wants to come again.
I thought about it over the weekend. I discussed with Darling of my concerns. We both agreed Ayden can stay home a little longer. I will continue guiding him. He can learn social skills during his daily playground sessions. Let him be my baby a little bit longer, after all he is not even 3 yet.
This picture is totally irrelevant but …
10 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 129,998 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,719 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,495 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 84,923 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 79,971 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 68,758 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 68,112 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,252 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,266 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 54,594 views
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- Chinese New Year Decoration: Sunway Pyramid
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Dynasty Restaurant’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- Ee Chinese Cuisine’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Chinese New Year Pikachu
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp