Nyonya Taste Cuisine, Kota Laksamana Melaka
Being a Peranakan, we don’t usually dine out at Peranakan restaurants. Nyonyas usually take pride of their own cooking and prefer to invite guests to their home for a meal. Majority of them are like that except for me as I am one of those rare Nyonyas who only knows how to eat but not cook. I attribute this to my mom who spoilt us constantly with her delicious home cooked food that I never find the need to cook them myself :P
Last week during the Chinese New Year break, my foodie friend Sidney made a trip down to Johor and then up to Melaka for a night. He invited me to join him for dinner at his friend’s restaurant in Kota Laksamana.
Nyonya Taste Cuisine
15 , Jalan 3/11 ,
Taman Kota Laksamana Seksyen 3,
Tel: +60 12-638 9915
Situated at Taman Kota Laksamana in the new shop lots area, Nyonya Taste Cuisine offers simple yet delicious comfort food you can find in any Nyonya home hence this is the place you may want to bring your foreign guests for an authentic home-cooked Peranakan dishes.
Our Cincau and Sour Plum drink at RM2.50 each.
We managed to sample 5 dishes that evening.
Ayam Pongteh (RM18)
Ayam Pongteh is one of the signature dishes of Melaka Nyonyas; a soybean-based chicken (or pork) stew with mushrooms and potatoes. I am proud to say I can cook this dish. It is also worth to note that the ones served here is nicely done with thick gravy and soft, mashable potatoes. The boys love it when I mashed the potatoes and mix it with rice.
Pajeri Terung (RM10)
The brinjal is fried until it is crispy on the outside yet soft on the inside and topped with the appetising sauce. The secret in the sauce is the kerisik (grated and pan-toasted fresh coconut) that gives it the fragrant aroma and distinctful flavour. I would love it better with more sauce though as it goes well with my plate of steamed white rice.
Asam Empat Rasa (market price)
Besides the usual asam and pineapple, there is also bittergourd in there to my surprise. The whole combination of vinegary, piquant, sweet and a hint of bitter from the gourd makes this a party in my tastebud. This is definitely one of the recommended dish to have here.
Chap Chye (RM15)
Mixed vegetables stir-fried and tossed with glass noodles is usually served on the first day of Chinese New Year when most people opt to eat vegetarian. This is a simple yet comforting food suitable for all.
Cincalok Omelette (RM8)
Melaka is the top producer of cincalok so you can’t possibly go wrong with this dish here.
They also have cincalok in bottles for sale.
Nyonya Taste Cuisine offers comforting home-cooked dishes. I noticed that they already have a steady stream of customers dining in during the two hours I was there. The dishes on the menu are ready to order except for Nasi Kebuli, Itik Tim and Bakwan Hati Babi which require advance booking.
8 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 130,967 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,746 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,515 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 85,279 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 80,362 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 68,956 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 68,471 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,262 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,288 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 54,805 views
- DKING CNY Durian Goodies Hamper
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp
- Dynasty Restaurant’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Chinese New Year Decoration: Sunway Pyramid
- Ee Chinese Cuisine’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu