Growing Sweet Potato Leaves in Milk Cartons
Do you remember my homegrown organic spinach in milk cartons?
If you don’t, you can read about it in this post -> http://www.submerryn.com/2015/08/homegrown-organic-spinach.html
Since I find it so easy to grow spinach in milk cartons, I thought why not try to grow sweet potato leaves in it too since I don’t have any soil on land for them?
Actually the idea only came upon me when I saw that the sweet potato I bought has sprouted.
So I cut them into an inch each and planted them in milk cartons.
Place the milk cartons on a high wall so their leaves can creep down.
Sweet potato leaves grow extremely fast especially in our hot weather.
In just over a week, I got these.
Now, I have enough sweet potato leaves to feed my small family of four. However, the horrible haze for the past week has turned my sweet potato leaves a little yellowish though :(
Nevertheless, freshly harvested sweet potato leaves still makes a good dish for dinner :)
I do not use any store bought fertilizers for my potted garden. My plants drink Coffee Eggshell Tea every morning.
This is breakfast for all my plants. A special concoction of coffee grounds, eggshells and water.
Eggshells are rich in calcium while coffee is an excellent source of nitrogen. Just add coffee grounds (I added coffee beans), eggshells and water and let it steep for a week. The added calcium in the soil gives my plants a much needed boost especially during blooming and fruiting.
Check out my homegrown grape tomatoes too:
And many other successful planting:
- Sweetcorn in pots
- Brinjal in pots
- Okra in pots
- Red Beans in pots
- Spinach in milk cartons
- Sweet potato leaves in milk cartons
13 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 120,510 views
- Water World @ i-City - 111,892 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 103,923 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 80,697 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 75,531 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 66,061 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 63,746 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 56,259 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 53,967 views
- Scorching HOT! - 53,528 views
- Guess where were we …
- How to Grow and Harvest Red (Adzuki) Beans in 60 Days
- D EMPIRE Art of Cuisine, Pavilion
- Toy Review – Disney PLANES
- SnoWalk @ i-City
- PLAY-DOH Town Firehouse Playset Review and Giveaway
- All You Can Eat Weekend Dim Sum Brunch at Ti Chen Chinese Restaurant
- Which Flight to Choose from KL to Bali?