Road Safety, Traffic Rules for Kids
The rainy season is here again. In fact, it has been raining a lot this year don’t you think so? I have to wake up early to do my laundry or they won’t be able to dry on time as it always rains in the evenings. Ayden and I are so bored being ‘prisoners’ at home not being able to go to the playground that I finally signed him up for an indoor gym package. I signed up for one term (12 weeks) at Beebop Circus and last Saturday was Ayden’s first time there.
We were 10 minutes late on our first day due to the massive traffic jam (and rain!). As soon as we arrived, they ushered us to join the rest of the toddlers that are already actively running around, completing their route and tasks. Ayden and I got quite lost not knowing what to do. Well, actually I was lost. Ayden was his usual self being the explorer, exploring and scrutinising every nook and corner there. He was very comfortable on his own until the instructors approached him to get him to participate with the rest of the kids. He casually turned and walked away! Tsk tsk.
We left him to be on his own. He stood there watching the rest of the kids and several minutes later, went and completed his route and tasks on his own without being told.
Not bad lah for his first day. At least he did not cry and eventually participated in all the remaining activities.
After his playgym, we walked around the area and came across this place with roads and cars for the little kids to learn the traffic rules. There was nobody manning that area but the kids are allowed to play there.
They got a car each. I tell you, kids these days are filthy rich. Look at the cars they are driving :P
Darling and I took it upon ourselves to teach the kids some traffic rules since there isn’t anyone around to help us.
Here, we taught them to stop at a zebra crossing. I told them there is an old man crossing the road. Can you guess who is that old man?
Yep, that old man is none other than Darling. Haha. He even pretended to walk like an old man >_< But this Ayden was so cheeky. He was impatient and bang the Daddy! I put out my whistle and gave him a traffic summon. Ethan found it to be very hilarious. LoL.
At the STOP sign. Ethan learned to stop at a T-junction while Ayden zoomed through. Haha. That little boy seemed to be oblivious to all these and was just enjoying his ride.
The kids had so much fun riding they did not want to leave but we were hungry and had to force them after an hour or so…
6 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 130,960 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,746 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,515 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 85,272 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 80,362 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 68,955 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 68,470 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,262 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,288 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 54,805 views
- DKING CNY Durian Goodies Hamper
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp
- Dynasty Restaurant’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Chinese New Year Decoration: Sunway Pyramid
- Ee Chinese Cuisine’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu