Rice Cooker Cake: Moist Banana Cake
I love baking cakes using my rice cooker. I find that the cakes retain their moisture better compared to oven-baked ones.
After all the successful cakes I baked using my rice cooker, I thought it will be a breeze baking a moist banana cake but I was wrong. It took me 4 attempts before I can finally publish this post as I don’t want to be one of those who published false recipes and ending up wasting other people’s time and effort in baking an unsuccessful cake.
My first attempt resulted in a cake too dense so I tried another recipe the next day and got it quite right but still it was lacking something so I tried again the next day and this time it was without milk. The cake was delicious but it turned out to be dry. So I guess milk is a must to get a moist cake.
Today, I looked through all the 3 recipes that I’ve tried, mix matched and came out with this:
Delicious moist banana cake baked using a rice cooker.
225g self-raising flour
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp banana flavouring (optional)
The big brother helped to mix butter and sugar until smooth while the little boy helped to mash bananas in a separate bowl :D
Add eggs (one at a time) and mix on low speed.
Add mashed bananas and mix.
Add flour and fold well.
Lastly add milk.
Grease the rice cooker pot with butter and add batter.
The cake is done in 45 minutes.
This moist banana cake is really delicious. It is so moist and bursting with banana goodness.
My boys love this moist banana cake very much. They can finish the entire cake in a day!
A reader Jacyn submitted this picture of her bake using the above recipe.
I can’t believe how beautiful her cake turned out. How come mine doesn’t have those visible strands? Sobs.
Anyway, she used multi purpose flour+salt+baking powder to replace self raising flour. She also uses normal sugar and not brown sugar yet her cake still turns out so beautiful.
Thank you Jacyn for the pictures and I’m glad you like the recipe :)
For more super simple rice cooker cakes recipes, click here.
17 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 120,552 views
- Water World @ i-City - 111,933 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 103,966 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 80,720 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 75,558 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 66,076 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 63,765 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 56,289 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 53,987 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 53,566 views
- Guess where were we …
- How to Grow and Harvest Red (Adzuki) Beans in 60 Days
- D EMPIRE Art of Cuisine, Pavilion
- Toy Review – Disney PLANES
- SnoWalk @ i-City
- PLAY-DOH Town Firehouse Playset Review and Giveaway
- All You Can Eat Weekend Dim Sum Brunch at Ti Chen Chinese Restaurant
- Which Flight to Choose from KL to Bali?