Simple Mac and Cheese recipe for busy moms
We are just at the end of week one of the long holidays and I’m already running out of ideas on what to cook! My boys, they are crazy. Constantly hungry, I need to feed them every 2 hours or so. Growth spurt? I’m not too sure but whatever it is, I need something quick but instant noodle is not the answer.
I browsed the internet and found this simple 3 Ingredient Mac and Cheese recipe from Kidspot and decided to give it a try. Anything that requires less than 5 ingredients are my kind of recipe :D
3 Ingredient Mac and Cheese
I don’t have a working oven so this recipe suits me perfectly. What I meant with not having a working oven is that I do have an oven but it’s just not working. It’s lazy like that. Whip it up to work and it will make the entire house go dark >_< So with an oven that is constantly going against me, I went on a mission to give this bake-less mac and cheese a try.
All it takes is 3 ingredients:
Full Cream Milk
Grated Cheddar Cheese
Another thing about me is when I cook, I don’t really measure the ingredients. I just ‘agak-agak’ hence there is no measurement here. You want to know the exact measurement, do drop by the original blog site for it.
And yeah, another thing. I don’t have a grater. How do I grate my cheese? Fret not, I’ll just cut them into small little pieces. Improvise people, improvise!
So I used two bowls of fresh milk to one bowl of macaroni.
* Bring the milk to a boil over medium heat.
* Add the macaroni and let it boil again. Estimated time around 8 to 10 minutes. I kept stirring the pasta as I was afraid I will burn them.
* Oh yeah, I cheated. I added half a teaspoon of chicken stock for kicks. You can omit this if you are a health-freak mom.
Once the macaroni is nice and soft, add in the grated cheese or in my case the cut cheese -.- Stir and serve.
Tah-dah! So, so easy and so beautifully done.
The acid test is when Ethan took his first bite. That boy loves mac and cheese and guess what? He loves this. He said this is really, really good! Oh man, what a wonderful feeling to hear that from him. I told him that I might need more sauce the next time around but he said “no, this is just fine, mommy.”
Fuh! I am the happidest mommy in the whole wide world today :D
7 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
SUBMERRYN ON MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* Bendi Goreng Bawang Belacan
* Ayam Satay Buah Keras
* Soya Cincau
* Seaweed Popiah Snack
* Chicken Floss Roll
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
Karon, Phuket (Thailand)
Surin, Phuket (Thailand)
Mai Khao, Phuket (Thailand)
Bali with Kids (Indonesia)
Universal Studio Singapore
River Cruise (Singapore)
S.E.A Aquarium (Singapore)
Port Dickson (Malaysia)
Port Dickson (Malaysia)
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 141,739 views
- Water World @ i-City - 115,214 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 106,761 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 89,594 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 84,893 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 81,558 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 73,038 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 72,241 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 58,557 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 58,140 views
- Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La, Penang – A Family Friendly Resort
- Cooking with Ayden: Simple Steamed Egg Recipe
- School Holiday Activity For Kids: Hot Wheels Road Show @ Sunway Pyramid
- Penang’s Latest Family Attraction: Jurassic Research Center @ The TOP, KOMTAR
- Cooking with Ayden AND Ethan: Roti Telur Serunding Ayam
- Canton2go – Food delivered right to your doorstep
- Cooking with Ayden: Ayam Masak O
- My Cockroach Hero