Vanishing stubborn stains!
Times flies. Ayden is 8 months old now. He started eating solid food about a month ago. He has eaten pumpkin, persimmon, broccoli, apple, porridge with meat and even watermelon!
While it is so much fun now that Ayden is eating solid food, it also means that there is more mess for me to clean up. He can be such a messy eater at times or rather, all the time!
Ayden’s stained bib at the end of a meal. I regretted buying this bib with white background as it is pretty tough to remove those stains. I try not to use bleach as it will ruin the coloured part of the bib, turning the cute brown bear into an albino one >_<
Besides, it is not good to bleach any of your baby’s belongings especially clothing. I learnt from a mommy forum that bleaching can cause skin irritation to adults as well as babies.
I guess that explains Ayden’s sudden eczema outbreak as seen in this picture:
I shared my woes with the mommies in an FB support group and they suggested for me to try Vanish; a laundry supplement product stain remover. Unlike bleach that uses chlorine, Vanish uses oxygen to remove stain. Since I’m stuck at home with Ayden on weekdays, I got Darling to help me buy it.
Darling did not know which Vanish to buy hence he got both; the pink and white packaging. That’s what you get when you ask the husband to run errands for you but it is okay because the pink Vanish Power O2 is for coloured garments while the Power O2 Crystal White is for whites. I can so use the white Vanish on Ethan’s uniform!
I wet the bib and poured some Vanish onto the stains.
I rub them to make sure I covered the entire stained area. The Vanish powder felt warm upon contact with water and a mommy told me that it is because Vanish releases oxygen to remove stains.
After several minutes, I noticed the stains got broken down. Can you see tiny little dots on the bib? I think that is from the persimmon!
I rinsed the bib and jeng, jeng, jeng it is now as clean as new! The bear remained brown and cute.
Since it worked so well, I can’t wait to try it on Ethan’s uniform.
I am always extremely frustrated trying to get rid of the sweat stains on his collar. I applied laundry detergent on the sweat stain and even left it to soak overnight but nothing works. I even resorted to bleaching it but all it does is turn Ethan’s white uniform YELLOW! Can you believe that?!
A friend told me he uses Vanish spray to spray the stains on his collar for easy cleaning but since I don’t have the spray type I just mix the powdered Vanish into a paste to pre-treat the stain.
Just wet some Vanish powder and rub the paste onto the stain and leave for half an hour. Scrub. I added a scoop of Vanish together with my current laundry detergent into the washing machine and started washing.
Tah-dah! Sweat stains no more!
I’ve finally found the solution to combat stains without damaging our clothes. Thank you to the mommies in the FB group and my friend who recommended me to try Vanish. Life is definitely simpler with the help of social media. All my questions are answered at the tip of a button!
11 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 117,123 views
- Water World @ i-City - 109,887 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 101,885 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 79,419 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 73,940 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 64,817 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 62,392 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 55,453 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 53,095 views
- Scorching HOT! - 52,927 views
- Craft for Children: Footprint Popsicle
- Ethan’s Taekwondo 1st Poom Black Belt
- Unboxing and Review of TRANSFORMERS Combiner Wars (Superion)
- Unboxing TRANSFORMERS Robots-In-Disguise Hyperchange Heroes – Optimus Prime
- His shoe vs Mine
- Smuggling Popcorns
- Double Happiness Kitchen @ Kota Damansara
- Persatuan Peranakan Baba Nyonya @ the Blossom Arts Festival Malaysia
* Horlicks NutriQuest
* Samsung NX500
* HP Wireless Printing
* SHELL V-POWER LEGO® Collection
* HP #10dayschallenge
* Zurich Omni Health
* Olivina Properties
* Horlicks Chocolate
* The Sloane Clinic Workshop
* GEMFIVE Online Shopping
* Ultherapy™ follow-up
* The Sloane Clinic Ultherapy™
* Trudy & Teddy
* WORLDFOODS paste
* Samsung KidsTime Conclusion
* Samsung KidsTime Educational Apps
* HP Print Apps
* Samsung KidsTime App
* Nestum 3-in-1
* Matrix Global Schools
* Ice Age Adventure 2014
* Liese Blaune
* Universal Studio Hollywood
* Tiger Balm Mosquito Repellent
* Nestum #MoreLife
* Vanish Stain Remover
* KOSE Sekkisei Lotion Mask Giveaway
* KOSE Sekkisei Lotion Mask
* Celcom CNY
* New Kia Optima K5