Vanishing stubborn stains!
Times flies. Ayden is 8 months old now. He started eating solid food about a month ago. He has eaten pumpkin, persimmon, broccoli, apple, porridge with meat and even watermelon!
While it is so much fun now that Ayden is eating solid food, it also means that there is more mess for me to clean up. He can be such a messy eater at times or rather, all the time!
Ayden’s stained bib at the end of a meal. I regretted buying this bib with white background as it is pretty tough to remove those stains. I try not to use bleach as it will ruin the coloured part of the bib, turning the cute brown bear into an albino one >_<
Besides, it is not good to bleach any of your baby’s belongings especially clothing. I learnt from a mommy forum that bleaching can cause skin irritation to adults as well as babies.
I guess that explains Ayden’s sudden eczema outbreak as seen in this picture:
I shared my woes with the mommies in an FB support group and they suggested for me to try Vanish; a laundry supplement product stain remover. Unlike bleach that uses chlorine, Vanish uses oxygen to remove stain. Since I’m stuck at home with Ayden on weekdays, I got Darling to help me buy it.
Darling did not know which Vanish to buy hence he got both; the pink and white packaging. That’s what you get when you ask the husband to run errands for you but it is okay because the pink Vanish Power O2 is for coloured garments while the Power O2 Crystal White is for whites. I can so use the white Vanish on Ethan’s uniform!
I wet the bib and poured some Vanish onto the stains.
I rub them to make sure I covered the entire stained area. The Vanish powder felt warm upon contact with water and a mommy told me that it is because Vanish releases oxygen to remove stains.
After several minutes, I noticed the stains got broken down. Can you see tiny little dots on the bib? I think that is from the persimmon!
I rinsed the bib and jeng, jeng, jeng it is now as clean as new! The bear remained brown and cute.
Since it worked so well, I can’t wait to try it on Ethan’s uniform.
I am always extremely frustrated trying to get rid of the sweat stains on his collar. I applied laundry detergent on the sweat stain and even left it to soak overnight but nothing works. I even resorted to bleaching it but all it does is turn Ethan’s white uniform YELLOW! Can you believe that?!
A friend told me he uses Vanish spray to spray the stains on his collar for easy cleaning but since I don’t have the spray type I just mix the powdered Vanish into a paste to pre-treat the stain.
Just wet some Vanish powder and rub the paste onto the stain and leave for half an hour. Scrub. I added a scoop of Vanish together with my current laundry detergent into the washing machine and started washing.
Tah-dah! Sweat stains no more!
I’ve finally found the solution to combat stains without damaging our clothes. Thank you to the mommies in the FB group and my friend who recommended me to try Vanish. Life is definitely simpler with the help of social media. All my questions are answered at the tip of a button!
11 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
On TV: NTV7 Breakfast Show
ON TV: TV3, MHI
ON TV: TV2 Hello On Two
On TV: TV3 KidsNews
In the Press: The Star, In.Tech
In The Media
* ntv7 The Breakfast Show 8/5/2013
* MHI TV3 9/02/2013
* Hello On Two TV2 4/02/2013
* Chiki Boom TV2
* Bernama Radio24 13/09/2012
* The Star, Metro 19/01/2012
* The Star
* In.Tech 07/09/2010
* ParenThots 05/09/2010
* The Star, Tech Takes 01/09/2010
* The Star, 14/04/2010
* ParenThots, 12/04/2010
* TV3, 15/02/2010
* The Star, 25/11/2009
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Water World @ i-City - 105,914 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 99,501 views
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 84,893 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 65,228 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 61,275 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 56,736 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 52,698 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 50,829 views
- Scorching HOT! - 50,782 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 48,752 views
- Guna Benang Cabut Gigi
- Christmas & New Year’s Eve Dining at Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya
- Playing music at the Grand Musical Staircase, Berjaya Times Square
- Our ONE Resort THREE Theme Parks Holiday at Pulai Springs Resort, Johor Bahru
- Ayden’s first visit to Universal Studio Singapore
- Driving Into Singapore
- Traveller’s Diarrhoea
- TOUS Les Jours Christmas Set Dinner
* SHELL V-POWER LEGO® Collection
* HP #10dayschallenge
* Zurich Omni Health
* Olivina Properties
* Horlicks Chocolate
* The Sloane Clinic Workshop
* GEMFIVE Online Shopping
* Ultherapy™ follow-up
* The Sloane Clinic Ultherapy™
* Trudy & Teddy
* WORLDFOODS paste
* Samsung KidsTime Conclusion
* Samsung KidsTime Educational Apps
* HP Print Apps
* Samsung KidsTime App
* Nestum 3-in-1
* Matrix Global Schools
* Ice Age Adventure 2014
* Liese Blaune
* Universal Studio Hollywood
* Tiger Balm Mosquito Repellent
* Nestum #MoreLife
* Vanish Stain Remover
* KOSE Sekkisei Lotion Mask Giveaway
* KOSE Sekkisei Lotion Mask
* Celcom CNY
* New Kia Optima K5