Homemade Chicken Essence
Lately I’ve been feeling fatigued and Darling said I look pale too. Maybe because I’ve not gotten enough rest when both the kids are down recently. He wanted to buy ready made chicken essence for me but I don’t want them. I told him I’ll make my own chicken essence so everyone in the family can drink it too. Chicken essence can reduce mental fatigue. It is also beneficial for students ie Ethan. I heard chicken essence is rich in collagen too so drink up, ladies!
I only use either kampung chicken or black chicken for making chicken essence.
I used 2 whole black chicken for my family of four.
Chopped and skin removed.
I use my pestle to crush the chicken flesh and bones. If that is not enough, I use knife to chop and chop again. It’s a really good stress buster. The next time I’m feeling a whole lot of anger, I’ll go chop and crush some chicken! LoL! The more you crush the bones, the more essence you can get.
The first time I made chicken essence, Darling tried to help. He used a SPOON to tap the chicken. I was like, HELLO! We are supposed to CRUSH the chicken not giving it a massage! Even if you feel like massaging it, please, give it a Thai massage. Kasi hancur sama dia! No gentle, gentle here please.
Place a cloth in a huge pot.
Place a small bowl, upside down in a bigger bowl. The smaller bowl will collect the chicken essence. I’ll show you later.
Arrange the pounded chicken over the smaller bowl. Cover with a plate. Place the entire bowl into the large pot. Pour water (not in the bowl but in the pot) until at least half of the bowl. Cover the pot and boil. I boiled for 6 freaking hours! Remember to check the water level from time to time. Add more water if needed.
Remove the bowl from the pot. Can you see how dry the chicken is after 6 hours? Carefully remove the chicken.
Look at the small bowl. There is precious chicken essence underneath. Carefully tip it over and remove the bowl.
There. Precious liquid of golden chicken essence!
Thick and delicious golden chicken essence. Two black chicken yield 3 bowls of these essence.
It’s so easy to make my own chicken essence, I’ll never buy those bottled ones anymore :)
8 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
SUBMERRYN ON MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* Bendi Goreng Bawang Belacan
* Ayam Satay Buah Keras
* Soya Cincau
* Seaweed Popiah Snack
* Chicken Floss Roll
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
Karon, Phuket (Thailand)
Surin, Phuket (Thailand)
Mai Khao, Phuket (Thailand)
Bali with Kids (Indonesia)
Universal Studio Singapore
River Cruise (Singapore)
S.E.A Aquarium (Singapore)
Port Dickson (Malaysia)
Port Dickson (Malaysia)
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 141,739 views
- Water World @ i-City - 115,214 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 106,761 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 89,594 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 84,893 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 81,560 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 73,039 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 72,241 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 58,557 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 58,140 views
- Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La, Penang – A Family Friendly Resort
- Cooking with Ayden: Simple Steamed Egg Recipe
- School Holiday Activity For Kids: Hot Wheels Road Show @ Sunway Pyramid
- Penang’s Latest Family Attraction: Jurassic Research Center @ The TOP, KOMTAR
- Cooking with Ayden AND Ethan: Roti Telur Serunding Ayam
- Canton2go – Food delivered right to your doorstep
- Cooking with Ayden: Ayam Masak O
- My Cockroach Hero