Great Bargains, Huge Discounts in Langkawi with the Langkawi Island Pass
We were in Langkawi during the Deepavali holiday in November last year. The first thing we did upon touching down at the airport was to grab a Langkawi Island Pass from Maystar Car Rental (Counter 3) and use it to offset RM50 off our car rental bill.
When I posted the above picture of our iPass on Facebook, I received many messages from our readers asking us for more information. I soon realised that not many people are aware of the iPass as it was pretty new back then.
If I am not mistaken, our iPass was the first edition of the Langkawi Island Pass.
They have since reprinted and is serving tourists better with their 3rd issue with over 50 merchants all over the island.
The iPass is now a popular tool with visitors to the island. Let me tell you why.
3 reasons why the Langkawi Island Pass is a must-have:
1) STAY CONNECTED
The latest iPass comes with a FREE sim card inside which means if you are a tourist in need of a local simcard, you can now get yours for free with your iPass. The sim card comes with 500mb data and can be used for internet and data at local rates. For unlimited data you’ll just have to add RM1/day. You can also top up should you plan to use it for calls too.
2) FREE SHUTTLE VAN SERVICE
Another important service included in the iPass is the FREE Langkawi Island Van Shuttle service, where you can get unlimited hop-on-hop-off rides along its route just by showing your iPass; making it the most powerful tool for visitors of the island.
Route covered by the Island Van Langkawi.
3) DISCOUNT VOUCHERS
The Langkawi Island Pass or simply known as iPass on the island offers discount vouchers worth RM10 off, when you spend RM50 and above and RM50 off, when you spend RM250/above for selected dining, leisure and rentals in Langkawi.
Besides Food & Beverages, the iPass also offers discounts for many leisure activities in Langkawi eg cruise, zipline and more.
I’d totally recommend the Sea Jacuzzi Sunset Dinner Cruise as experiencing natural water jets massaging your body in the wide open sea is simply a priceless experience.
Nature’s hydrotherapy is made more affordable with the Langkawi Island Pass.
Click to read more on our awesome Sea Jacuzzi Sunset Dinner Cruise.
Below is a list of all the participating outlets for Langkawi Island Pass at the time of writing.
- Smiling Buffalo Cafe (8AM – 6PM) 965, Kuala Chenang. Contact: +60 12 – 292 8102
- reBARN (9AM – 12:30AM) Telaga Walk, Jalan Pantai Cenang. Contact: +60 19 – 3391620
- Artisans Pizza (10AM – 10PM) 1230, Jalan Pantai Cenang. Contact: +60 4 – 955 1232
- Nest Rooftop Cafe, Western Restaurant, Sea-view (7AM- 11AM & 5PM- 11PM) 1659 Jalan Pantai Cenang. On top of the Royal Agate Hotel. Contact: +60 17 – 462 0241
- Huggin Hippo Langkawi (9AM – 9PM, 8AM – 11PM high season) 27A, Jalan Pantai Cenang, Next to BestStar Resort. Contact: +60 12 – 292 8102
- Avante Travel Cafe (11AM – 11PM) Cenang Mall courtyard, Jalan Pantai Cenang. Contact: +60 11 – 1039 9038
- Maroush Restaurant, Indian, Middle Eastern, Western, Asian (11AM – 11PM) No.1, Landcons Hotel, Jalan Pantai Cenang. Contact: +60 12 – 470 6032
- Red Tomato, Comfort dining (9AM – 11PM) No5, CasaFina Avenue, Pantai Cenang, opposite McD. Contact: +60 4 – 955 4055
- RedSky Lounge, Bar & Games (5PM – 12MN) No6 (upper floor), CasaFina Mall, Pantai Cenang, Contact: +60 17 – 222 7987
- RedSky Restaurant & Bar (3PM – 11PM) No6, CasaFina Mall, Pantai Cenang, Contact: +60 12 – 316 5466
- La Chocolatine, Cafe, Patisserie (10AM – 6PM) 3, Jalan Teluk Baru, Pantai Tengah. Contact +60 4 955 8891
- Hidden Langkawi, Beach Restaurant, Bar (10:30AM – 12MN) 2461, Jalan Pantai Tengah. Contact: +60 18 – 577 5722
- Mentari Grill, Frangipani Resort, Asian & International (7AM – 10PM) The Frangipani Resort & Spa, Pantai Tengah. Contact +60 4 – 952 0000
- TC’s Port, Restaurant & Bar (3PM – 12MN) (Opens January 2019) 2863, Jalan Teluk Baru, Pantai Tengah. Contact: +60 17 – 222 7987
- Bam-Boo-Ba, Bar & Games (12NN – 1AM) End of Sunba Block, Pantai Tengah. Contact: +60 12 – 566 0254
- Lepak Bistro Langkawi, Bar & Games (7PM – 3AM, closed Mondays) Pantai Tengah, next to Green Village. Contact: +60 18 – 275 5135
- Dash Beach Club, Sunset Pool&Beach Restaurant & Bar (7AM – 12AM) Jalan Teluk Baru, Pantai Tengah. Contact: +60 4 – 955 7171
- Charlie’s Bar & Grill (12NN – 11PM) Fisherman’s Wharf, Royal Langkawi Yacht Club. Contact: +60 4 – 961 1396
- Barbosa Pizza (3PM – 1AM) Fisherman’s Wharf, Royal Langkawi Yacht Club. Contact: +60 12 – 961 1196
- Scarborough Fish ‘N’ Chips (11AM – 9PM) Fisherman’s Wharf, Royal Langkawi Yacht Club. Contact: +60 12 – 352 2236
- Artisans Pizza, Italian & Indian, Dining & Delivery (9AM – 11PM) Bandar Baru Baron, Pekan Rabu, behind Tourism office. Contact: +60 4 – 967 1232
- Arts Cafe, Gallery-Style Cafe (9AM – 10PM) 54, Pandak Mayah 5, Kuah Town. Contact: +60 4 – 963 0113
- The Pier Restaurant, Restaurant & Bar (10AM – 10PM) 107, Jalan Persiaran Putra, Kuah Town. Contact: +60 12 – 352 2236
- Seven Nine Eight Cafe (4:30PM – 10PM, closed Tuesdays) 12A, Dayang Walk, Jalan Tiram 5, Kuah Town. Contact: +60 12 – 299 0905
- Scarborough Fish ‘N’ Chips (11AM – 9PM) Lot 1388, Jalan Tanjung Rhu. Contact: +60 12 – 352 2236
- Fat Mermaid, Restaurant & Bar (4PM – 12MN) Alia Residence Resort, Kuala Teriang. Contact: +60 17 – 222 7987
- Nasi Dagang Pak Malau (9AM – 2PM, closed Tuesdays) Jalan Makam Mahsuri. Contact: +60 12 – 271 1977
Fun & Leisure
- Mega Water Sports, Jet Ski Tours (8:30AM – 6:30PM) Beach-front, Melati Tanjung, Pantai Cenang. Contact: +6012 – 389 0801
- Alun Alun Spa (11AM – 11PM) Jalan Pantai Cenang, Opposite CasaDelMar. Contact: +60 4 – 953 3838 / 952 3615
- Alun Alun Spa (11AM – 11PM) Jalan Teluk Baru, Next to Tropical Resort. Contact: +60 4 – 953 3836
- VIP Spa (1PM – 11PM) Ground floor, Fave Hotel, Jalan Pantai Tengah. Contact: +60 12 – 978 3967
- Tropical Charters, Sunset Cruise, Koh-Lipe ferry (9AM – 5PM) No.5, SunMall Complex, Pantai Tengah. Contact: +60 12 – 316 5466
- Avante Yacht Charters, Sunset Cruise (10AM – 5PM) Dash Resort, Pantai Tengah. Contact: +60 11 – 1039 9038
- Crystal Yacht Holidays, Sunset Cruise (10AM – 5PM) Resorts World Langkawi, Jalan Teluk Baru. Contact: +60 12 – 408 7866
- Umgawa, Zipline Eco Adventure (8:30AM – 4:30PM) Jalan Telaga Tujuh. Contact: +60 13 – 343 8900
- Paradise 101 Island Adventures (10AM – 10PM, advance booking required) Telaga Harbour Marina, Pantai Kok. Contact: +60 12 – 473 2901
- Faizi Crystal Glass Blowing (10AM – 1PM, 2:30PM – 5:30PM, closed Fridays) Kompleks Kraf Langkawi, Ayer Hangat. Contact: +60 12 – 402 2650
- Sunset Dinner Cruise, by Naam (5PM – 8PM, advance booking required) Royal Langkawi Yacht Club. Contact: +6012 – 473 2901
- Alun Alun Spa (11AM – 11PM) Level-3, Bayview Hotel. Contact: +60 4 – 966 9366
- Alun Alun Spa (11AM – 11PM) Dayang Bay Resort. Contact: +60 4 – 473 6603
- The Spa Shop (10AM – 9PM) 52, Jalan Pandak Mayah 5, Next to Arts Cafe. Contact: +60 4 – 966 8078
Rides & Drives
- MayStar Car Rental Langkawi (8:30AM – 6:30PM or upon request) Arrivals hall, counter no.3. Contact: +6012 – 514 9036
- Moonlight Bay, Car & Motorcycle rentals (9AM – 7PM or upon request) Kuah Jetty-point ferry terminal. Contact: +6013 – 590 9559
- Cloud 9 Guest House, Rooms by the paddy fields 116, Kg Chandek Kura. Contact: +6012 – 488 8769 (Temporarily closed for renovation)
- El Studio Backpacker’s Hostel No.91C, Persiaran Bunga Raya. Opposite Bahagia Hotel. Contact: +60 19 – 741 2207
Stay tuned for more…
For the latest and updated list, please refer to their official Facebook Page -> https://www.facebook.com/IslandPassLangkawi/
6 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
Thanks for the heads up about this iPass. Been to Langkawi several times however never encountered with such offers. Thank you for sharing it. Much appreciated.
great initiative for langkawi tourism for sure. Wish we have the same for other towns too.
Gosh!!! It has been so long since the last time I went to Langkawi. Other than the duty free, not much attraction for me as I am not a beach person.
The island pass is great and useful. Thanks for The info. I wouldn’t know this. Time to revisit Langkawi. Oh my, it was many years ago since my first visit there. During my dating time. Lol.
wah, seems like this ipass is really useful!
Hi hi, i am planning to Langkawi with my kids. Any great promo for hotel to recommend ? Appreciate your reply:)