We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
Ayden and I were on MHI, TV3 this morning to demo how to make two popular Chinese New Year snacks – Chicken Floss Rolls and Seaweed Popiah Snack.
Ayden and I setting up our cook station
The last time I was on MHI TV3 was in 2013. That time I went on air with Ethan to demo making Chinese New Year lanterns using Ang Pau wrappers. I was pregnant with Ayden then. Here is the link if you wish to see more on it:
Coming back to today, it is Ayden’s Chicken Floss Roll video I posted on Facebook that got us invited.
It was a LIVE show so the moment the camera rolls, whatever will be, will be.
That is a whole lot of crew members for Ayden to deal with yet my little brave boy pulled through like a champ
I was obviously nervous knowing it will be screened live with no editing whatsoever and hoped that Ayden will cooperate and not be frightened with the huge cameras, spot lights and many crews around.
Before we went on air, Ayden refused to let the crew fix the mic on him, almost throwing tantrum before the start of recording but we managed to talk him through it *thank goodness*
As expected he was a bit reserved to the hosts but he tried his best nevertheless.
I, on the other hand, have no idea what I did!
Lots of appreciation goes to the many experienced crews to help us through both our sessions.
Here are some of the pictures from the scene today.
It was a bit tough trying to fry in the open air with wind blowing. I was not able to control the fire and the oil temperature well but we pulled through eventually
Ayden curi makan
Here is the video of both our sessions recorded by my best buddy, Kimmy. Thank you so much Kimmy
Ayden @ 3Y4M
Thank you also Ayden for waking up cheerfully at 5.45am this morning and pulling it through the show. We’ll go shopping for your toys later okay?
12 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 129,942 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,715 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,482 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 84,913 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 79,959 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 68,747 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 68,102 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,251 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,265 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 54,592 views
- Chinese New Year Decoration: Sunway Pyramid
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Dynasty Restaurant’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- Ee Chinese Cuisine’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Chinese New Year Pikachu
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp
- Noble House KL Chinese New Year Menu