DEVDAN Show – Indonesia’s Leading Tourism Show 2014/15
You know when you travel to Phuket, it is a must to catch the FantaSea show? It’s the same when you are in Bali, it is a must to go for the Devdan Show. Winner of Indonesia Leading Tourism Show – ITTA 2014/15, the Devdan show is a mind-blowing overview of sacred Bali, exotic Papua, mystical Kalimantan and many more.
The word DEVDAN comes from Sanskrit ‘Deva’ and ‘Dhana’, meaning “God’s Grace”. The Indonesia’s treasures are God’s gifts for Indonesian people and it is shared in this 90 minutes dynamic show of traditional dances and acrobatic performances.
Nusa Dua Theatre
Jl. Nusa Dua, Benoa, Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
Devdan performs 4 days a week – Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays only. We caught the Wednesday show.
Tickets price ranged from IDR 260,000 (RM81) up to IDR 780,000 (RM245).
The ticket price is inclusive of free shuttle service to Hotel (Area: Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa, Jimbaran, Kuta, Sanur, Seminyak)
It is recommended to be at the venue by 7pm or before, as the gate will be open at 7.15 and the show starts at 7.30pm. While waiting for the show to start, we explored around the theatre to admire the mini exhibition.
Beautiful batiks from Jawa
Testimonials from prominent figures around the world who have attended the Devdan show.
At 7.30pm sharp, the show begins. No flash photography is allowed inside the theatre. Unlike FantaSea Phuket, we do not need to surrender our camera and phones before entering the theatre. All we need to do is be discreet and not take any flash photography. Video recording is prohibited except during the finale.
Each dance is accompanied by the name and explanation on the screens below the stage to help us understand it better. It was an eye-opening journey for us to learn the various dances and history behind it.
East meets West was an interesting segment where hip hop dance bands together with the Javanese dancers. This presents the present-day reality in which tradition and pop culture live side by side.
The show is also interactive with confetti shooting down on audience as well as dancers getting audience to dance along.
Dancers getting audience to dance along.
I was so engrossed in the performances that 90 minutes passed by really quickly without me realizing it. It is definitely a 90 minutes worth spent in Bali.
Do check out their FB Page for more information: Devdan Show Bali
2 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 129,947 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,715 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,482 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 84,913 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 79,959 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 68,747 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 68,103 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,251 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,265 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 54,592 views
- Chinese New Year Decoration: Sunway Pyramid
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Dynasty Restaurant’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- Ee Chinese Cuisine’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Chinese New Year Pikachu
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp
- Noble House KL Chinese New Year Menu