Pesto’s – Italian food on a Thailand beach
During our recent stay at Holiday Inn Resort Mai Khao Beach Phuket, we had dinner once at their Italian restaurant – Pesto’s. We walked by this restaurant countless times as it is located strategically with spectacular views over Mai Khao Beach and the Andaman Sea . It looked so inviting with the gentle sea breeze welcoming us that we made it a point to dine here at least once and we did.
Holiday Inn Resort Mai Khao Beach
81 Moo3, Maikhao, Talang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
+66 76 603 699
It has a clean open kitchen in full view of the guests. I can see clearly my meal being prepared by the chefs
We were given complimentary buns while waiting for our orders to be served.
As usual, Ayden will ask for fresh coconut drink. He asked for fresh coconuts throughout our stay in Phuket, Thailand.
The rest of us had fresh pineapple juice instead.
The interior of the restaurant is dim come night time. We were given this light to help us read the menu better
Kids Stay and Eat for Free** at Holiday Inn Resort Mai Khao Beach Phuket and here is Ayden’s complimentary meal. He chose the ramen noodle soup that evening.
Oven-baked sea bass fillet THB520
Big brother Ethan on the other hand was being rebellious and insisted to have the adult’s meal as he saw his favourite sea bass fillet in the menu. We had no regret ordering this as the fish was excellent. Marinated with olive-oil and baked until just opaque in the centre, it is moist and flaky with a mild, delicate flavour.
Sirloin Steak TBH 760
250gm of char-grilled sirloin steak with rosemary butter served on a bed of mashed potato, asparagus and cherry tomato. Bearnaise sauce and steak is a match made in heaven yet I had difficulty finishing this as 250gm proves to be too much for me alone as Darling and the boys did not share this with me. They only helped me polish up the mashed potato, asparagus and the cherry tomatoes.
Darling had no issue polishing this tender and succulent lamb rack served with broccoli and mashed potato.
Food are freshly made to order so do expect some waiting time before your food is served. The food here is definitely worth the wait. I have one regret though. I should have check on TripAdvisor before dining here as there are rave reviews on their pizzas. If I knew their pizzas are highly sought after, I would have make it a point to try
Anyway, the boys had ice-cream for dessert.
The ambiance here is lovely. The view is breathtaking. It was nice to have a relaxing dinner by the beach with the sea breeze accompanying us. A nice restaurant at a great location.
12 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 129,998 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,718 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,495 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 84,923 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 79,969 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 68,757 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 68,112 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,252 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,266 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 54,594 views
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- Chinese New Year Decoration: Sunway Pyramid
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Dynasty Restaurant’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- Ee Chinese Cuisine’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Chinese New Year Pikachu
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp