School Holiday Kitchen Project: Making Popcorn
The kids are getting a little bored at home. We are supposed to go to Penang on Sunday but Ayden woke up feverish. I called up the resort and as expected the reservation department insisted to charge us one night cancellation fee. It is understandable as that is their standard procedure. However, after learning about Ayden, they transferred my call to their Manager on Duty and thankfully, he was kind enough to tell me to ‘look after your kid first’ and cancel our reservation without any charges.
Brought Ayden to the paed and he recovered soon enough but now the Daddy has no leave so we are stuck at home.
With the kids and me wasted at home, I decided to try making popcorn. I have never pop my own corns so this is our very first time. I was quite nervous. Haha.
I used half a cup of corn kernels as I wasn’t too sure if they’ll turn out nicely or not.
1/2 cup of corn
3 tablespoon of butter
Watch this video to see how I make our very own popcorn. I never know making popcorn is SO EASY!
The boys got very excited seeing the corns pop!
Melt butter (or cooking oil). Add corn.
Cover the wok.
Listen to the popping sound. It will pop from slow to PARTY ROCK and then back to slow. Turn off the fire.
For caramel flavoured popcorn, melt some butter and sugar in the wok. Pour the popcorns back into the wok and stir well. Keep in an air tight container.
I melted some butter and sugar in the pot after popping the corns and added them back into the wok and stir well to get delicious caramel butter popcorn.
The boys enjoyed it and finished the entire container in just one evening.
Should we make more tomorrow? But there’s a lot of butter and sugar in there. Not very healthy wor
I tried eating plain popcorn without the caramel. Yucks. Langsung tak sedap
17 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 120,482 views
- Water World @ i-City - 111,868 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 103,892 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 80,677 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 75,510 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 66,048 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 63,734 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 56,218 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 53,952 views
- Scorching HOT! - 53,516 views
- How to Grow and Harvest Red (Adzuki) Beans in 60 Days
- D EMPIRE Art of Cuisine, Pavilion
- Toy Review – Disney PLANES
- SnoWalk @ i-City
- PLAY-DOH Town Firehouse Playset Review and Giveaway
- All You Can Eat Weekend Dim Sum Brunch at Ti Chen Chinese Restaurant
- Which Flight to Choose from KL to Bali?
- Hand-me-downs – Ethan’s bicycle is now Ayden’s