Fong Keow (Pottery) Bak Kut Teh @ Taman Intan, Klang
I am a fan of Bak Kut Teh but I have never tried the ones in Klang. Last Saturday, we tagged along a friend to check out Fong Keow (Pottery) Bak Kut Teh at Taman Intan, Klang. This restaurant has been around for 3 decades and has recently gone through an extensive renovation. They now offer seafood and other delectable Chinese cuisine besides their ever popular BKT.
Let’s take a look at what we had.
They serve really good tea but I’m not too sure which tea I had that day.
It’s either one of the above. I’m not a tea person hence I failed to take note of what my friend ordered
Fong Keow Bak Kut Teh
Nothing beats having bak kut teh served in a claypot. We can choose from the different parts of meat to be included in the pot. It is then complemented with bean curds, button mushrooms and tau fu pok.
Big bones, small bones, rib bones, soft bones.. you make the call.
Several years ago, I was introduced to dry bak kut teh. I fell in love with it since then. I love the dry version of Bak Kut Teh for their intense flavour. It is something the normal BKT lacks.
Rice Wine Chicken (RM32.00) is always my favourite however the one I had here is a tad too sweet with very thick broth.
It is nice to have a choice of other dishes apart from Bak Kut Teh. We ordered my favourite spicy sotong (RM20.00).
Delicious spicy squid with okra that goes very well with our fragrant oil rice.
We also ordered Sweet & Sour Prawns (RM38.00) for the kids. This dish always work wonders with the boys. It can never go wrong. They love this a lot.
This vege dish is something new to me. I don’t remember having eaten this before. It is called Green Dragon Vegetable aka Royale Chives aka Qinglong vege (RM13.00)
I love the smooth and soft texture of this emerald green vegetable.
Beancurd Pork Rolls (RM12.00)
This is something for the kids again. My kids don’t eat the dry BKT and less of the wet BKT so we ordered lots of side dishes for them. That is why I appreciate dining in restaurants such as this that serves not only Bak Kut Teh but other dishes as well. At least I get to have my BKT craving fix while they get to enjoy a delectable cuisine.
I ate a lot of rice that day It is all because of this plate of fragrant fried shallots. I love mixing it with the fragrant oil rice. It made me eat and eat. Fat die me
If you are looking for Bak Kut Teh in an air-cond place, then head over here. You can drink the entire pot of BKT and not drop a sweat
8 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 135,351 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,871 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,637 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 86,984 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 82,255 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 70,437 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 69,997 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,338 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,345 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 56,137 views
- Ayden’s Pikachu is MISSING!
- MILO®UHT® UHT Bento Making Workshop
- canton2go Mini Buffet Delivery
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- DKING CNY Durian Goodies Hamper
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp