The Story of My Fried Chicken
Let me tell you a little story. I usually cook chicken stew because it is one of the easiest meal to prepare. It also serves as a one pot dish as there are vegetables in it too. I have been alternating chicken stew and fried fish for the past months that the boys can tell today is chicken stew day and tomorrow they’ll know they will get fried fish. They love both the chicken stew and fried fish with golden garlic chunks on it so there is no complaining from their side.
But I wanted to surprise them one day. Yesterday, I decided to fry chicken for them and I did.
I bought ready mix flour for my fried chicken. I’m not sure what those white specks are but these are yums!
Now, here is where my story begins. It takes me less than 15 minutes to cook chicken stew because I can leave it stewing on its own on the stove while I mind my own things but to fry chicken, I will have to stand in front of the wok for hours! That means I will need the elder brother Ethan to look after Ayden and pray hard that they don’t fight and throw each other out of the house. Frying fish doesn’t take as long neither.
So, after hours slaving in front of the hot wok for these fabulous fried chicken (though they don’t look as good in photo), I was very excited to serve my THREE boys dinner.
What happened was, the Daddy casually took a piece of chicken, remove the skin and pass it to Ethan. Ethan said he wants the chicken entirely with the skin intact but the Daddy said, “NO, it is very hot these days and eating it like that is heaty”. He gave Ethan a small piece of crunchy skin to eat though.
Then, when it comes to the Daddy’s turn, he too removed the skin before eating the chicken. Now, you tell me, why would I slave in the hot kitchen for hours if they are all gonna dispose the crunchy skin and eat only the meat? Grrr… I should have known because this is how the Daddy eats his KFC too.
FINE. Chicken stew and fried fish for the rest of the year for you guys. Maybe one day I’ll just bake bread and you boys can have just ROTI for dinner! Hmph! >_<
21 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 120,487 views
- Water World @ i-City - 111,871 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 103,897 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 80,684 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 75,514 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 66,051 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 63,738 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 56,233 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 53,956 views
- Scorching HOT! - 53,522 views
- How to Grow and Harvest Red (Adzuki) Beans in 60 Days
- D EMPIRE Art of Cuisine, Pavilion
- Toy Review – Disney PLANES
- SnoWalk @ i-City
- PLAY-DOH Town Firehouse Playset Review and Giveaway
- All You Can Eat Weekend Dim Sum Brunch at Ti Chen Chinese Restaurant
- Which Flight to Choose from KL to Bali?
- Hand-me-downs – Ethan’s bicycle is now Ayden’s