It is getting better
My relationship with my in-laws might not be smooth in the beginning of my marriage due to the language barrier but it improved with the arrival of Ethan. It got better once Ethan started school and learn to speak Mandarin.
Nowadays, the boys love going back to my in-law’s coz there are snacks everywhere.
My father in-law runs a sundry shop so he has an ever ready supply of ice-creams 24/7!
The kids are so spoilt when they are back at my in-law’s. My FIL will offer them ice treats especially on these crazy hot days.
Look at this Ayden, eat until like that. He doesn’t eat this messy when he is at home but gone crazy at my in-law’s! >_<
Last weekend was also the first time my boys ate this:
Aiyo Ayden so rude, eat straight out of the big tong!
My childhood favourite biscuit – Iced Gems!
I don’t eat this anymore these days hence the reason my boys have never eaten this but my FIL offered them these Iced Gems last Sunday and I let them have it. Guess what? I think due to different generations lah but the boys doesn’t fancy this as much as I loved it back then. Nowadays kids’ taste preference different dy kot..
Ethan also took the opportunity to get my true blue Chinaman FIL to teach him Chinese calligraphy. My FIL said he has lost his calligraphy kungfu as he has not been writing it for ages but still, it was fun to start again and guide Ethan.
And… as usual this busybody has to check what is going on.
Like magic my FIL dug this chinese calligraphy book out from his shop and gave it to Ethan.
Ethan’s turn in writing calligraphy. He has difficulty holding the brush correctly. He kept holding it like a pen but when I try to correct him, he’ll get upset. He listens to the KungKung though so I just let him be lah. He won’t listen to me because I don’t speak Chinese hence I am not supposed to know how to hold a chinese brush! -.-
On another note, I brought back my trusted breadmaker and baked the boys’ favourite – Chicken Floss Loaf bread for my in-laws.
It was such a hit that it dissapeared when I went up for a nap. LoL. Finally I am able to contribute something. I don’t cook when I am at my in-law’s coz my cooking is terrible and I don’t want to poison people. At least they love this bread so I know what I can contribute next time. Next year Chinese New Year, we shall all eat ROTI! Hahaha.
Okay lah, I better go sleep. Have not been updating the blog coz I am down with flu. Sigh.. This weather is horrible. It agitates me. Please rain.
15 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 135,351 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,871 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,637 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 86,984 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 82,255 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 70,437 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 69,997 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,338 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,345 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 56,137 views
- Ayden’s Pikachu is MISSING!
- MILO®UHT® UHT Bento Making Workshop
- canton2go Mini Buffet Delivery
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- DKING CNY Durian Goodies Hamper
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp