Vanity Kitchen Layer Cake
I received a message from Micheele from Vanity Kitchen recently saying her bakery specialises in making Indonesian Layer Cakes (Kek Lapis Legit) and other Indonesian treats in Kuala Lumpur and asked if I would like to sample some of her cakes.
I checked out their FB Page and was more keen on their pineapple tarts actually as we always purchase pineapple tarts in bulk this time of the year as gifts for Darling’s business acquaintances. I mentioned to her my interest in her pineapple tarts and she said that she’ll send them over together with the cakes.
She sent the parcel through Nationwide Express and dropped me a pdf to keep track of delivery. The next day, I received the parcel and in it was this:
I was taken aback that the cake was not even packed in a hard box. No way can a cake survive being couriered in plastic like that.
That was all in the parcel. No sign of pineapple tarts.
I took a picture of it and immediately sent to Micheele. I also mentioned that the tarts are not in the parcel to which she responded that she was very cautious to send those tarts over through courier. It would be nice if she had told me earlier but nevermind.
So this is the layer cake that made it to my place. It is the original flavour with spekuk spice added.
Spekuk spice in general is a combination of cloves, cardamom, nutmeg and cinnamon. This spice is optional and can be opt out if you are not a fan of spices.
After cutting off both ends that has been squashed up, I got a pretty decent looking layer cake.
I can tell that this is a good quality of lapis legit as it is made up of many meticulously consistent thin layers.
I took a bite of it and I must say it live up to my expectations. I have always love good Indonesian layer cake with spekkoek spice. I don’t even bother eating those without the spice as the spice is the one that gives it the sweet aroma making it stand out. This cake is rich and buttery (with very high content of egg) therefore it is advisable to eat small pieces at a time but I can’t help myself from biting into additional slices. I’m sold!
The selling price for this Original Layer cake is RM90 for 1kg and RM170 for 2kg.
They also have Layer Cake with Chocolate and Prune at RM100 for 1kg and RM180 for 2kg but I did not sample those.
PREORDER of minimum 3 days is required as all their cakes are baked fresh to order.
Pick up point anywhere in KL city centre area or ampang. Other location can be delivered depending on the days. For more information, check out their FB page – Vanity Kitchen.
9 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 130,967 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,746 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,515 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 85,281 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 80,362 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 68,956 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 68,471 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,262 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,288 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 54,805 views
- DKING CNY Durian Goodies Hamper
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp
- Dynasty Restaurant’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Chinese New Year Decoration: Sunway Pyramid
- Ee Chinese Cuisine’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu