Sprained my foot
A week ago, I was carrying Ayden when I heard people screaming. I looked around to discover that they are actually screaming due to the shock when they saw me fell. Only then I realised I was already slumped on the floor. I did not know how or why I fell but I found myself sitting on the floor.
I was still holding Ayden tightly. He was okay. I got up again and continued walking around Hello Kitty Sanrio Town. My foot hurt but I thought nothing about it, limping my way through.
After half an hour or so, I could not stand the pain anymore and looked at my foot to see that it has swollen. Darling quickly went to the nearest pharmacy to get me some cream and patch for my foot.
I applied the cream immediately and continued our journey back to KL. I did not feel much pain during the 4 hours journey home. Only when we stopped to eat that I felt totally unable to walk as any pressure on my foot hurt so badly. I had to hold an umbrella and use it as a walking cane to help me walk.
I also use the patch Darling got me but it did not help much.
I prefer to bandage my foot. Darling wanted to bring me to see our family doctor but I was stubborn. I told him we have no time for that as my days ahead are packed with appointments and more appointments. I went about my daily routine and attended every appointment without fail, limping my way to all of them.
A week later, as I was about to bandage my foot as usual, I saw a horrible bruise that has spread towards my ankle and toes. Half of my left foot is bruised. I panic! My foot is dying! Only then I quickly called Darling to bring me to the doctor.
The doctor told me that my foot is badly hurt. If I were to see him earlier, he would have put a cement cast on it. He told me two of my ligaments are torn and injured and the injuries have spread towards my ankle and all my toes. He ordered an immediate bed rest. He wonders how I survive an entire week without pain killers!
The doctor prescribed painkillers and medication for swelling. He also told me to buy a proper ankle guard and to immediately cancel all my appointments, stay home and rest my legs. He said it will take 2 months for my foot to heal.
I did not get the bulky ankle guard. I got myself an ankle socks instead. I took the painkillers and for once after the entire week, I can walk without limping. But the downside is, it made me walk more thinking my foot is okay and I continued attending events and all. I checked my foot last night and guess what? It started to swell again >_<
24 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 129,997 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,718 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,494 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 84,923 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 79,969 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 68,757 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 68,112 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,252 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,266 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 54,594 views
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- Chinese New Year Decoration: Sunway Pyramid
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Dynasty Restaurant’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- Ee Chinese Cuisine’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Chinese New Year Pikachu
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp