Dressing up mannequin, the horror!
When Ayden was younger, he got very afraid of mannequins in the malls as they usually come without eyes, nose, mouth and all. Some even come without a head! LoL! Imagine his horror of seeing a headless person lah. Sometimes he sees mannequins without legs and that scares the heck out of him too.
Only recently he started to accept mannequins as they are; be it without a head, arms, legs or any other body parts.
Last weekend we went shopping while big brother Ethan was in school for replacement class. We happened to witness a sales promoter dressing up a mannequin.
Do you know how this is done? Mannequins have stiff arms that do not bend like us. They can’t bend their arms in order to get their arms into the sleeve of the shirt. What they can do is let the promoter pull out their arms, put the shirt through and fix the arms back in.
I never thought much about it until Ayden shouted to me, ‘Mummy! That kakak CABUT the man’s arm!’
Hahahahaha! It must be a very horrifying sight for this little boy. I can see that he was terrified. But I kneeled next to him and explained that it does not hurt lah. Mannequins are not living things hence they don’t feel the pain. And I let Ayden watch until the kakak is done dressing the mannequin up and all body parts are nicely reattached.
Boy… Seriously I never know that pulling an arm off a mannequin can scare a little boy until I’ve seen in in Ayden. Thank goodness he does not have nightmares that night :D
14 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 120,506 views
- Water World @ i-City - 111,889 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 103,923 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 80,697 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 75,529 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 66,058 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 63,744 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 56,253 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 53,966 views
- Scorching HOT! - 53,526 views
- How to Grow and Harvest Red (Adzuki) Beans in 60 Days
- D EMPIRE Art of Cuisine, Pavilion
- Toy Review – Disney PLANES
- SnoWalk @ i-City
- PLAY-DOH Town Firehouse Playset Review and Giveaway
- All You Can Eat Weekend Dim Sum Brunch at Ti Chen Chinese Restaurant
- Which Flight to Choose from KL to Bali?
- Hand-me-downs – Ethan’s bicycle is now Ayden’s