Why do people insists on dressing siblings the same?
I don’t have a daughter. If I do, I am sure to dress her the same as me from time to time. It would be fun to have a mini me parading the same outfit as mine. But yeah, I don’t have a daughter. So what I did was:
I dressed the father and son similar. This was before we have Ayden. I have yet to get a similar outfit for all three of them.
Now, dressing a parent and a child similar is one thing. Dressing siblings the same is another. I don’t know why but I never have the interest to make the boys wear similar outfits. Maybe because of their wide age gap, I dont see the need to do so. If they are only a year apart, I might do it as they will be looking rather similar in size too.
However, on Ayden’s first birthday last year, my cousin presented the boys with similar tees and pants. Ethan loves it as it is Spiderman. That boy is into anything Super Hero so without any hesitation, he started wearing his Superman outfit almost everywhere. Ayden was too small though. He was ‘drowning’ in his tee.
Today, 1 week short before his second birthday, I tried it on him and to our surprise he can actually fit into it already.
Ayden was super excited to be wearing tee and pants similar to big bro Ethan. He loves mimicking whatever Ethan does and having the same outfit just launched his excitement into full gear.
Can you see his happiness? He smiles until can’t see his eyes. He is visibly overjoyed.
I do find it cute to see them dressing alike for the first time. This is their only similar outfit thanks to my cousin. Maybe if we do run into something similar in the future that suits both the boys, I might buy it for them but only if they want it. I won’t go twinning them on purpose. Somehow I find boys that dresses alike are double the trouble and tripple the mischieve! >_<
5 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 120,537 views
- Water World @ i-City - 111,919 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 103,941 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 80,713 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 75,549 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 66,067 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 63,760 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 56,281 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 53,980 views
- Scorching HOT! - 53,534 views
- Guess where were we …
- How to Grow and Harvest Red (Adzuki) Beans in 60 Days
- D EMPIRE Art of Cuisine, Pavilion
- Toy Review – Disney PLANES
- SnoWalk @ i-City
- PLAY-DOH Town Firehouse Playset Review and Giveaway
- All You Can Eat Weekend Dim Sum Brunch at Ti Chen Chinese Restaurant
- Which Flight to Choose from KL to Bali?