It is exam week these two weeks in Ethan’s school. They are having their mid-term exam. The children have to sit for exams THREE times a year in his school. It was only TWICE last year but since they got a new Principal, things have changed.
This morning out of a sudden, Ethan told us he is having a toothache. We never thought much about it as he just got his teeth filled about a year ago and the dentist said that it should last for at least a couple of years or more BUT when Darling took a torchlight to check, to his surprise, he saw a cavity right there on the filling. We asked Ethan if he can go through his exam papers today and he said yes. After school, we quickly took him to the dentist.
Let me tell you a little bit about Ethan at the dentist last year. The first time he went to the dentist was to get his milk tooth extracted. He was okay with that. Later on we found cavities and send him to get the fillings done and he was not so good with that. He got scared of the drilling sound and started to get defensive, refusing to let the dentist do her job. She had to rush through while I held onto his hand to calm him down. It was also because the dentist touched a raw nerve while cleaning his badly decayed tooth that all hell break lose. He had phobia of going to the dentist from then on.
I had to prep him, giving positive thoughts and encouragement for him to go through this.
Ethan, still not trusting dentist but being a good boy for fear that his cavities will get worse and he will feel more pain.
Grimacing in pain. LoL. Nah.. Surprisingly he was OKAY today. Very well behaved and sat through it all without a fight. That face you see was because the helper used that suction thingy to suck the saliva and the sound got Ethan startled a little. Haha.
The dentist found two cavities so Ethan had two fillings done.
He is all good now. The bill came to a total of RM105 for two fillings. Boy you better brush your teeth thoroughly and take good care of your teeth now. Dental care doesn’t come cheap these days.
7 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 129,998 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,719 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,495 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 84,923 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 79,970 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 68,758 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 68,112 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,252 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,266 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 54,594 views
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- Chinese New Year Decoration: Sunway Pyramid
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Dynasty Restaurant’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- Ee Chinese Cuisine’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Chinese New Year Pikachu
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp