Moist Orange Cake Recipe
We’ll be baking moist orange cake today. I browsed the web and found a recipe on allrecipes.co.uk that I believe will work so I tested it out. I tweaked it to suit my preference and this is the result:
Super moist and delicious orange cake.
This is my tweaked recipe:
130g sugar (the original calls for 150g)
Grated orange zest from ONE orange (the original says 2 tablespoons)
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites
125g self-raising flour
125ml fresh orange juice
1 pinch salt (I omitted this as I used salted butter)
1/2 tsp baking soda (The original recipe did not use baking soda but I added this as my cake did not rise nicely on my previous attempt)
This is how I measure the orange juice. LoL! I have so many unused milk bottles as I direct latch Ayden so his bottles are now my measuring cup :P
I actually blended an entire orange without the seed and peel so it’s a little thicker compared to just juice as there are pulp and fibre in there too.
Now let’s start baking the orange cake :)
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add orange zest and continue creaming.
Add egg yolks and beat at low speed.
Fold half the flour (mixed with baking soda).
Then fold half the orange juice. Fold the remaining flour in and add the rest of the orange juice and fold again.
In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff.
Fold whisked egg whites into the orange batter.
Pour mixture into a greased rice cooker pot and bake.
The cake is ready after 45-50 minutes.
My readers often asked me if the texture of cakes baked using rice cooker is the same as those baked using an oven. My answer is YES. The only difference is the cakes baked using rice cooker has a pale top but they retain moisture better and have beautiful crust on the sides and bottom.
This orange cake recipe is a keeper. It’s quick, easy to make yet very moist and delicious. Another tried and tested recipe to add into my collection of successful rice cooker cakes.
*Updated on the 28 June 2016*
Finally recorded a video of Ayden baking this cake:
Click for more tried and tested rice cooker cakes recipes.
17 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 130,967 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,746 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,515 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 85,284 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 80,362 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 68,956 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 68,471 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,262 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,288 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 54,805 views
- DKING CNY Durian Goodies Hamper
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp
- Dynasty Restaurant’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu
- Chinese New Year Decoration: Sunway Pyramid
- Ee Chinese Cuisine’s 2017 Chinese New Year Menu