Rice Cooker Cake: Kurma Cake
The fasting season is near and that means having buah kurma (dates) in abundance everywhere. I love eating kurma. The moment I see shops starting to sell kurma, I’ll go grab several boxes home but Ethan doesn’t fancy kurma. In fact, he won’t even touch it. Well, that boy doesn’t even eat bananas but loves eating my banana cake so that got me wondered if he’ll eat kurma cake.
Again, it took two bakings to get this right. The first turned out too heavy and dense. Today’s bake is fluffy and nice so I’m going to share it with you :)
Rice Cooker Kurma Cake
225g self-raising flour
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
10 kurma/dates (deseed)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
Deseed 10 kurma and chop into small pieces. You may remove the skin too if it is hard and dry. Mine is moist so I only partially removed the dry parts.
Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. My boys’ favourite part of baking :)
Break two eggs in a bowl. Add vanilla essence and whisk lightly. Add into the butter and sugar mixture and continue mixing on low speed.
Add the mashed kurma and mix on low speed.
Remove mixer. Add flour and baking soda and fold manually.
Add the remaining milk and fold again.
Grease the rice cooker pot with butter. Pour in the batter and set to CAKE. From this…
To this golden and fluffy kurma cake in 45 minutes.
Open the lid of your rice cooker and let it cool for half a minute. Place the steaming basket and carry the pot out.
Turn the pot upside down to get the cake on the steaming basket. Place a plate on the cake and turn it around again.
Cut and serve with more kurma ^_^
True as I thought, Ethan loves this kurma cake. Okay let me think of other fruits that he doesn’t eat that I can bake into a delicious cake :)
For more super simple rice cooker cakes recipes, click here.
12 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 120,556 views
- Water World @ i-City - 111,936 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 103,970 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 80,723 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 75,564 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 66,084 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 63,769 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 56,294 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 53,992 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 53,579 views
- Art time with Ayden : Why Stamping is important for young children
- Guess where were we …
- How to Grow and Harvest Red (Adzuki) Beans in 60 Days
- D EMPIRE Art of Cuisine, Pavilion
- Toy Review – Disney PLANES
- SnoWalk @ i-City
- PLAY-DOH Town Firehouse Playset Review and Giveaway
- All You Can Eat Weekend Dim Sum Brunch at Ti Chen Chinese Restaurant