Since young I always enjoyed pranking my eldest sister. She is 5 years older than me but is often a victim of my mischief. I remember fooling her on many April Fool’s Day and even when I was away in college I called her up with some stupid story that I can’t recall now. I also made her jump into dried mud only to get her stuck inside! I proved to her that the mud is dry by throwing a stone onto it and sure enough the mud withstand the impact of that small stone (but not her weight). The mud was actually only dry on the surface so you can imagine what happened when she jumped onto it. She lost her sandals to the mud that day too. LoLoL!
Growing up, she grew smarter while I grow ‘more caring’ so to say ‘coz this was what happened several days ago:
I woke up on Sunday morning to the above message on my Whatsapp. My sis was in Malacca at my parent’s house. I was here in PJ. I got shocked to see our favourite mango tree fell into our neighbour’s house. Our neighbour is my mother’s younger sister.
I asked my sis if it happened when they were in the kitchen or while they were asleep and she answered that they were asleep. She also added that it has been raining and windy in Malacca lately resulting in those broken branches. I felt sad lah when I see those pic. I imagined the shock they encountered waking up to that mess. I was also glad nobody got hurt when it happened.
And then I started thinking how are they going to clean up that mess…
And my sis told me that my Dad has got people to come and help already to which I was glad. But she sent me a pic of my Dad hard at work clearing the mess too. He has just recovered from fever and all recently and now getting himself tired again to clear all these. I wish he’ll just leave it to the workers though but knowing my dad… haih.
I left it at that. I did not probe further as I assumed they’ll be busy cleaning up the place and all after all that have happened. I called my Mom on Tuesday to ask how she and my Dad are doing and what’s the latest update with the mango tree incident. That’s when my mom burst out laughing saying that it was not the storm that brought the mango tree down. They actually hired workers to trim the mango tree when the branch gave way and fell into our neighbour’s house. Everything was under control and the workers cleaned up the mess.
My sister tricked me to think that it was the storm that caused all those. I whatsapp her…
So yeah. After all this years, my sister finally managed to prank me. Happy lah dia. Clever lah. Ha.Ha.Ha lah.
By the way, yes, that’s our spoken language in my family. Can you understand it? Haha.
10 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 135,359 views
- Water World @ i-City - 113,871 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 105,637 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 86,985 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 82,257 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 70,442 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 69,998 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 58,338 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 57,345 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 56,140 views
- Ayden’s Pikachu is MISSING!
- MILO®UHT® UHT Bento Making Workshop
- canton2go Mini Buffet Delivery
- The Emperor, Dorsett Grand Subang’s Chinese New Year Menu 2017
- We are on Malaysia Hari Ini (MHI) – Chinese New Year Snack
- Popular Chinese New Year Snack : Chicken Floss Roll
- DKING CNY Durian Goodies Hamper
- Easy Chinese New Year Snack – Seaweed Popiah Crisp