Fuss free baby porridge recipes
Ayden is 7 1/2 months now and is having the time of his life enjoying solid food. I started him on solid quite late at 6 1/2 months. He had mainly fruit purees for 2 weeks before I ‘upgraded’ him to porridge. I use all the ingredients that he has eaten in the past 2 weeks (except meat and anchovies) so that I know he won’t have any allergy reaction to them.
Boiling porridge for Ayden is an extremely simple job as I’ve invested in the cutest rice cooker 6 years ago for Ethan and it is still good to use now. All I need is a couple of minutes in the morning to toss all ingredients in the cooker and go back to sleep and an hour later the porridge is ready to be eaten!
Today I’ll be sharing Ayden’s porridge menu for 5 days.
Day 1 menu is pork rib porridge with sweet potato, carrot and broccoli. The pork will provide the much needed iron in his diet.
Pork Rib porridge with sweet potato, carrot and broccoli.
I wake up an hour or two earlier every morning and added 2 tablespoons of rice (washed) and water and the rest of the porridge ingredients.
I set it to boil for 1 or 2 hours depending on how early I wake up. For example today, I woke up at 7am so I know I have two hours before Ayden wakes up. Therefore I set it to cook for 2 hours and get back to my bed and sleep until 9am.
When I wake up at 9am, the porridge is nicely done.
I scooped out the vegetables and mashed them using the back of the ladle.
Add the mashed vege back into the porridge. This is good to last until dinner.
Ayden’s yummy pork rib porridge with sweet potato, carrot and broccoli.
Pork rib porridge with beetroot and broccoli.
I use carrot on alternate days as I don’t wish for Ayden to be yellow. Same cooking method as above.
The result is simply beautiful and equally delicious.
Day 3 menu
Anchovies porridge with sweet potato, carrot, broccoli and sweet corn.
Because corn won’t mash I had to blend this mix.
The result is this ultra smooth runny porridge.
On Day 4 I omitted the carrot. Result is the same smooth, runny porridge as above.
Porridge with anchovies, carrot, broccoli and sweet potato. Boil and mash vege.
For anchovies based porridge, I make sure to remove their tiny bones and wash them thoroughly before cooking. I discard the anchovies before serving. As for the pork porridge, I use the back of the ladle to mash them into fine strips. Ayden loves it. I alternate broccoli with spinach on weekly basis. No salt or seasoning is added into Ayden’s porridge.
I am glad Ayden’s transition into solid food is a smooth one.
20 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 121,883 views
- Water World @ i-City - 112,816 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 104,805 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 81,360 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 76,391 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 66,784 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 64,391 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 57,516 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 56,743 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 54,201 views
- Christmas Decorations: 1 Utama
- Joyful Gatherings at Parkroyal Kuala Lumpur
- Drum with Ethan: Ethan’s Performance at Sunway Giza mall
- His Friend’s Birthday
- Christmas is the Season of Joy at Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
- A Holly Jolly Christmas at Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Craft with Ayden: Cotton Bud Tree Art
- Kids are King @ Holiday Inn Resort Penang