Cucur Ikan Bilis Recipe (Anchovies Fritters)
Cucur Ikan Bilis or Cekodok Ikan Bilis is many Malaysians’ favourite snack for tea.
Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, they won’t last long on the kitchen table as we would usually gobble them all up in no time.
With the holy month of Ramadhan approaching really soon, I believe cucur ikan bilis will be sold widely in Bazaar Ramadhan everywhere. I remembered buying them each time I frequent a Ramadhan Bazaar.
I was back in my Mom’s place over the weekend and suddenly this cucur ikan bilis came to my mind. I remembered my Mom used to make this for us when we were younger so I requested for her to teach me so I can make this for Ethan too sometimes. I didn’t know what to call this as I wasn’t sure if it is called cucur ikan bilis or jemput jemput ikan bilis or even cekodok ikan bilis?! After much ‘discussion’ with my Mom, I decided to use cucur ikan bilis for this post :P
The ingredients my Mom used are:
Bawang besar (big onions), daun sup (coriander leaves), daun bawang (spring onions), cili (red chilies), ikan bilis (anchovies), telur (egg), tepung gandum (flour), garam secukup rasa (salt to taste).
My Mom sliced the big onions, daun sup (coriander), spring onions and chilies and set aside.
In a huge bowl, add the flour, water, whisked egg, salt and mix well.
Add the sliced ingredients. Add the anchovies and mix thoroughly.
Heat oil in a wok. Scoop out the batter and gently drop it into the hot oil. Fry until golden. Remove.
Yummy cucur ikan bilis or anchovies fritters are ready for tea!
Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. My childhood favourite snack revisited. Ethan loves this too and had about 6 pieces in one go!
He’s already requesting for me to make this for him sometime and I’m crossing my fingers that mine will turn out as good as my mom’s or at least 3/4 as good as hers :P
Do try this too:
Cekodok Pisang. Full recipe here.
14 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
SUBMERRYN ON MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* Bendi Goreng Bawang Belacan
* Ayam Satay Buah Keras
* Soya Cincau
* Seaweed Popiah Snack
* Chicken Floss Roll
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
Karon, Phuket (Thailand)
Surin, Phuket (Thailand)
Mai Khao, Phuket (Thailand)
Bali with Kids (Indonesia)
Universal Studio Singapore
River Cruise (Singapore)
S.E.A Aquarium (Singapore)
Port Dickson (Malaysia)
Port Dickson (Malaysia)
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 141,739 views
- Water World @ i-City - 115,214 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 106,761 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 89,594 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 84,893 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 81,559 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 73,038 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 72,241 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 58,557 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 58,140 views
- Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La, Penang – A Family Friendly Resort
- Cooking with Ayden: Simple Steamed Egg Recipe
- School Holiday Activity For Kids: Hot Wheels Road Show @ Sunway Pyramid
- Penang’s Latest Family Attraction: Jurassic Research Center @ The TOP, KOMTAR
- Cooking with Ayden AND Ethan: Roti Telur Serunding Ayam
- Canton2go – Food delivered right to your doorstep
- Cooking with Ayden: Ayam Masak O
- My Cockroach Hero