Making your own bread crumbs
I’m a bread person. I eat bread in the morning. I eat bread in the afternoon. I eat bread in the evening. I eat bread at night. Okay, maybe that’s a little exaggerating. I don’t eat bread in the afternoon unless I’m out then Tuna Sandwich will be my lunch. Anyway, you can imagine the amount of bread I have at home. We always have left-overs.
Today I have this Mashimaro left-overs. Okay so the packaging said it’s MASSIMO but I can never get that right. I always call it Mashimaro I dunno why!
Sorry, sorry, back to story. I cut the edges out. Sometimes I love to include the edges as it gives the crumbs a nicer color, ya know? But today, just to be politically correct, I leave the edges out -.-
Dump the bread into my Alisan Food Processor. Hit the pulse button several times..
Look at the bread crumbling :D
There, my bread crumbs are ready. You know why those small particles stick to the side? Because the bread are still moist. I did not toast them this time. Normally if I have the time, I’ll toast them in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes (to get rid of extra moisture) before dumping them into the food processor.
Nevertheless, it is still beautifully done without toasting today :D I added parsley flakes into the processor too to get a nice blend of parsley in the crumbs.
See, it’s so easy I don’t understand why people need to BUY breadcrumbs. Just do it yourself yo!
Then I drowned some chicken pieces in egg white.
Dropped them onto the breadcrumbs.
Coat them well and deep fry.
Chicken so good, it’s better than popcorn. Hey.. it’s popcorn chicken yo! No need go KFC.. -.-
39 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
SUBMERRYN ON TV3, MHI
SUBMERRYN ON MHI
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
Little Chefs’ Recipe
My Parenting Articles
* Quick & Easy Snack Ideas for School Children
* Baby Sign Language
* Crossing the road
* Postpartum depression
* Raising a genius
* Pros and cons of cellphones in school
* To spank or not to spank?
* Handling Tantrums
* Money sense in kids
* Stress free Childhood
* Parenting Conflicts
* Learning through play
Quick & Simple Recipes
* Bendi Goreng Bawang Belacan
* Ayam Satay Buah Keras
* Soya Cincau
* Seaweed Popiah Snack
* Chicken Floss Roll
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
Ethan and Ayden’s Reading Progress
Karon, Phuket (Thailand)
Surin, Phuket (Thailand)
Mai Khao, Phuket (Thailand)
Bali with Kids (Indonesia)
Universal Studio Singapore
River Cruise (Singapore)
S.E.A Aquarium (Singapore)
Port Dickson (Malaysia)
Port Dickson (Malaysia)
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 142,821 views
- Sistem Analisis Peperiksaan Sekolah - 119,038 views
- Water World @ i-City - 116,177 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 107,444 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 90,309 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 85,482 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 73,688 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 72,774 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 59,493 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decorations : Chinese Fan - 58,653 views
- My memories of Nyonya Chang (Nyonya Rice Dumpling)
- Thomas & Friends Journey Beyond Sodor!
- Buka Puasa Buffet 2017: Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
- Cooking with Ayden: Sweet Potato in Gula Melaka dessert
- Quick trip back to Melaka and a BBQ
- To The Dentist We Go Again
- WTF – What Tasty Food @ Bangsar
- Cooking with Ayden: Steamed Chicken with Minced Bean Paste