Roast Kitchen, Taman Tun Dr Ismail
Roast Kitchen, 23, Jalan Wan Kadir 2, Taman Tun Dr Ismail.
Bottles and bottles of their famous homemade chili oil greeted us as we entered the premise.
Our appetizer, Yau Char Kueh with wasabi sauce. The yau char kueh (Chinese crullers) is very crunchy. I was disappointed to find out that the wasabi used was sweet wasabi as I am a fan of ‘spicy’ wasabi that goes up your nostril you see? Anyway, let’s save the spicy wasabi for sushi and settle for this sweet sauce to go with the yau char kueh.
But my spicy Nyonya tongue won’t settle for anything sweet hence resorting to dip the Yau Char Kueh in their famous homemade chili oil! :P Now, baru-lah yummeh! Haha.. *Don’t try this at home* :P
Anyway, it’s great that they sprinkled black and white sesame as these tiny seeds are very good for our hair and bones!
Next up was the XO Seafood Fried Rice. The seafood did justice to my now spice-hungry tongue :D
The Kam Heong Seafood Mee Hoon is nicely fried. I love the size of the prawns!
This is what the place is really famous for, the Roast platter! And this is exactly what we came here for…
Roast Duck. They have substituted the wine with vinegar and other secret sauces to make this roast a simply amazing one! Gone are the dreaded smell that is most feared when eating duck and surprisingly, the roast is very moist and juicy!
Roast Chicken. The roast chicken is equally good, moist, juicy and tasty.
BBQ Chicken Thigh/Char Siew Chicken Thigh. This tender chicken thigh marinated in char siew sauce is simply delightful. Ethan loves it and it would have been awesome if we had some rice to go with it.
Note to self: Get this with rice the next time around :)
The Golden Sand Kway Teow with Prawns is something worth mentioning. I was wondering, what golden sand? Then I was told that the golden sand is referring to the deep fried chicken skin that is later crushed and sprinkled all over the fried kway teow to give it the extra oomph and fragrance. Again, look at those prawns! @_@
Last on our list is the Black Pepper Udon with beef. I did not have much of this as I was still dreaming about the roast..
Ethan enjoying himself at Roast Kitchen.
How NICE roast would a Roast Kitchen roast if a kitchen could roast a roast? :P Well, to find out, you’ve just got to drop by this place yourself. You know what is the surprise at the end of our meal?
We were taken by surprise that a place that serves good roast is actually Halal! Yes, Roast Kitchen is Halal! Situated at the same row with Maxis and Pizza Hut TTDI, this place is easily visible to find.
17 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^
Submerryn NTV7 Breakfast Show
Submerryn ON TV3, MHI
Submerryn ON TV2 Hello On Two
Submerryn On TV3 KidsNews
Submerryn In The Star, In.Tech
Submerryn In The Star, Metro
Submerryn In Sin Chew
Quick & Simple Recipes
* 3 Ingredient Mac & Cheese
* Kampar Claypot Chicken Rice
* Homemade Burger Patty
* French Toast with Chicken Floss
* Cheesy French Toast
* Cucur Ikan Bilis
* Cucur Pisang
* Simple Omelette Wrap
* Spicy Mushroom Tapas
* Pan-fried Salmon
* Roti John
* Sambal petai ikan bilis
* Stir-fried shrimp paste vege
* Fried Instant Noodles
* Sweet and sour prawn
* Blanced Beansprout
* Luncheon Meat Egg Roll
* Eggless No Bake Brownie
* Nyonya Assam Prawn
* Homemade Soya Bean Milk
* Loh Hon Chai
* Nyonya Chap Chye
* Ayam Pong Teh
* Asian Style Chicken Stew
* Fried Potato Patties
* Coca Cola Chicken
Baking with Rice Cooker
* Simple Rice Cooker Cakes Recipes
All about CARS
Hello Kitty car
Volkswagen Passat CC 2.0
Volkswagen Polo GTi
Exora Prime / Bold
Smart fortwo electric drive
New Perodua Myvi 1.5L
New Perodua Myvi 2011
My Popular Articles
- Ang Pow Koi Fish DIY - 108,537 views
- Water World @ i-City - 107,534 views
- My Tong Sui Collection - 100,187 views
- Ang Bao Gold Fish – Very easy to do :D - 76,516 views
- DIY Chinese New Year decor: Ang Pow Carousel Lantern - 71,266 views
- Chinese New Year Angpow Lantern - 62,437 views
- Red Packet Ball Lantern - 59,089 views
- We slept separately for over 2 weeks dy… - 53,082 views
- Scorching HOT! - 51,237 views
- Nuffnang Friso Family Day Out - 51,229 views
- Oriental Oasis @ Arabian Bay Resort, BGRC
- Can You Make An Egg Stand?
- Ayden’s First Appearance in the Newspaper
- DIY Chinese New Year Angpow Basket
- Vanity Kitchen Layer Cake
- Feeling Appreciated
- S.E.A Aquarium, Sentosa Singapore
- Hotel Jen Tanglin Singapore – a Jenerous new spot for all Jeneration of travellers
* SHELL V-POWER LEGO® Collection
* HP #10dayschallenge
* Zurich Omni Health
* Olivina Properties
* Horlicks Chocolate
* The Sloane Clinic Workshop
* GEMFIVE Online Shopping
* Ultherapy™ follow-up
* The Sloane Clinic Ultherapy™
* Trudy & Teddy
* WORLDFOODS paste
* Samsung KidsTime Conclusion
* Samsung KidsTime Educational Apps
* HP Print Apps
* Samsung KidsTime App
* Nestum 3-in-1
* Matrix Global Schools
* Ice Age Adventure 2014
* Liese Blaune
* Universal Studio Hollywood
* Tiger Balm Mosquito Repellent
* Nestum #MoreLife
* Vanish Stain Remover
* KOSE Sekkisei Lotion Mask Giveaway
* KOSE Sekkisei Lotion Mask
* Celcom CNY
* New Kia Optima K5